cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 111 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

I am unsure can you post your country and affid number (from the about option)

I will ask. please click on my name and follow me I have something to pass on for you to try maybe

Peacekeeper
Message 112 of 255

Sorry haven't got the time to check  "have you the memory fix yet?" you posted in the cpu thread

Actually I have no idea where I saw the post so please ignore this post . PK

zogun
Former Member
Message 113 of 255

Looks like the McAfee LiveSafe installer has been updated and now is trying to remove the "ClientAnalyticsService" during installation. Not successfully however =/ClientAnalyticsService.png

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 114 of 255

@Everyone affected by this issue and volunteering to share logs, below is the way-forward approach

The log collection process involves turning ON the AnalyticsSDK service and replicating the issue thereby collecting McAfee events at that time. The logs then needs to be uploaded to McAfee for Analysis.

Am looking forward to work with the below users based on their responses earlier in this thread. However not limited to the below users alone

​​

Peacekeeper
Message 115 of 255

What are you doing installing over the top of an old install? Or is this popping up with an update

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 116 of 255

- re your post number 111. Sorry I don't understand what you mean - where did I post "have you the memory fix yet?" in the cpu thread? This is the CPU thread and I didn't post that. I asked if you thought it was wise to allow McAfee to install updates whilst we have this ClientAnalyticalServices issue - there is the risk that one of these updates may re-enable Analytics SDK or on the other hand the update could be the fix we are waiting for!

anjumj
Former Member
Message 117 of 255

It worked for me.

While I faced this 'Analytics SDK' issue, I was unable to access any website using any of the browsers. All I could access is mcafee site. Looks like firewalls all but mcafee. Did anyone else face this issue?

mentha
Former Member
Message 118 of 255

Selvan

Where do we upload the logs too?

user_93663
Former Member
Message 119 of 255

Yes.  Spoke by phone on Feb 8th with Support.  They told me they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix; and that they will call when a fix is available.  It has been 6 days since that phone call.  I have been seeing this problem from my Action Center (win 7/SP1, Ultimate, 64 bit) since the end of January of perhaps a bit earlier.  They never asked for any logs from me, but it appears they now have logs on this issue.  It is surprising that it is taking so long, particularly because the problem seems to have started with an update, and I must just "assume" they could reverse engineer the changes that were made in that update, once they determine precisely which update is responsible for the problem.  Still, I am no computer engineer, and this is simply a guess based on ordinary logic which may (or may not) have a place in the resolution of this issue.  The problem was confirmed to be temporarily halted by disabling the McClient Analytics file in windows services (services.msc in the HELP box at the bottom of the start menu).  The file responsible was found at this location:

X:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\Legacy\McClientAnalytics.exe

where X is the operating system's hard drive.

At least, that is where it is shown to exist (and was independently verified by going there) on my computer.  I disabled the service as outlined in the thread, and then restarting the computer after disabling the service.  That restart is key, as without it, I understand that the disabling of the service may not hold, in which case the problem would continue.

I hope this helps someone out there, and if anyone in turn has info as to when a fix will be released, that would be very helpful.  Thank you.

user_93663
Former Member
Message 120 of 255

I was getting frequent crashes of ieexplorer and some crashes of Chrome, but not nearly as many as with IE (version 11).  But, I have 32GB of RAM and 4GB of video RAM, so it is unlikely the Client Analytics issue would have eaten up that much memory -- in fact, it never had completely rendered my system inoperable, and I found out about the issue only by monitoring my Windows Action Center (reliability under Maintenance).  Without that, I would probably NOT have known of the issue at all, because that is the only hint I had of anything wrong.  I use Chrome about 90% of the time, so the more frequent crashes of IE were just considered to weigh into my decision to use Chrome, instead, at least most of the time. 

Hope this helps.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community