Should i try downloading from mcafee site and re-installing to get v15 or should i just wait for the update. I dont know if i download it if it will even install 15.1 or not. Should i just wait for the updatej through the actual program?
There is a good chance that you would probably get the 14.0.R13 Version/Build, don't quote me on that. However the 15.0 xxx is slated to be released starting this coming week>end of month. Bar any issues that may arise.
In other words it would be similar to a 'Crapshoot', if you will. I personally am waiting for it to Auto-Upgrade to 15.0.R2/15.1.R2. As I have 15.R0/15.1.156 already from when it was initially released. 15.0R2/15.1R2 is even a newer Version.
Of course I download from the U.S./Canadian Server.
Just to let you know that I have had various updates from McAfee in the last few weeks with no ill effects. However I have kept Client Analytical Services "Disabled" as it appears to have no effect whatsoever on the running of my PC.
I would tend to think it would be best to have it *enabled* since the issue has been resolved. For it does involve the software doing a health -check of your product. Just my opinion on that. Of course I can ask.
Oh as I said in my opinion running your software with McClient Analytics enabled would be better, since it will be performing the task it was created to do. Granted you do not have the numerous instances and memory leaks with it *Disabled*.
You would not either by enabling it again.
In other words enable it/restart and leave it be.
You should be just fine.
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: