cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 231 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

That is I feel nothing to do with the client analytics issue. Try running MVT and see if it finds anything. Note the session number and if not fixed call support

MVT

Support

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 232 of 255

Actually the latter part of this month, the New Version/Build is slated to begin being throttled out. Included in it are implemented fixes and enhancements to the (LAM) Scanning Engine. In other words if you read closely when it was initially introduced, they stated it was susceptible to change.

It is my understanding that the *Scheduled Scan* is to be re-introduced (Quick Scan). Since we do not have a (FAQ) on it yet, I cannot definitely say exactly what all has been changed.  We will have to see if they have included *Scanning for (PUPS) again. Just thought I would add that..

Don't quote me on this..But I think this will be *15.0.R2*  When it finally reaches everyone.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bonzo47
Former Member
Message 233 of 255

- thanks for the latest info. I must admit that I am a bit nervous to accept and install the latest McAfee updates in case AnalyticsSDK is reactivated, as   has found, although he doesn't say whether this has caused his CPU usage to go into overdrive again. I guess he would have said, if that was the case!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 234 of 255

I wouldn't be to be quite honest, as I have been running 15.0.R0/15.1.156 Version/Build since October, with no issues whatsoever 😉

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jaylee
Contributor
Message 235 of 255

Hi i just got revision 13 still v14 tho.  I was wondering what's new.. I noticed after install the icon is different in the tray.  The update took like 5 minutes to install and my computer seems to be moving faster i was wondering what they changed?

Peacekeeper
Message 236 of 255

We have not been told really the changes. 15.1 coming next week or at least starting roll out so this R13 version will not be around long. I will ask in our monday meeting though

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 237 of 255

As PK mentioned, I cannot recall being informed about the *R13 Version/Build* coming out,or what is included in it? We will find out this upcoming Conference call. Thank you.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jaylee
Contributor
Message 238 of 255

Ahh ok ..Getting this r13 update wont mess up getting 15.1 when it comes out will it?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 239 of 255

No, as 15.0.RO/15.1.156 comes out before 15.0.R2. Of course it may go straight to 15.0R2.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bonzo47
Former Member
Message 240 of 255

I received a lot of McAfee updates today. Personal Firewall details have changed to:

Version: 16.0

Build: 16.0.4006

Last Update: 19 Mar 17

I presume this is the "fix"? Client Analytical Services has switched to Manual. Should I leave this as is, or switch to Disabled to be on the safe side? It didn't seem to serve any purpose previously as it has been disabled for weeks with no apparent effect.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community