Former Member
Message 191 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

All clear here as well...

tonylubrano
Former Member
Message 192 of 255

All clear here as well.  System appears to be running as it should.

Thanx for everyone's assistance.

I'll be signing off now.

Tony Lubrano

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 193 of 255

Glad to hear everyone's input.   Thus far it seems that the majority are having a positive experience following the update.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
truffle
Contributor III
Message 194 of 255

Got my update.  Never got the second update that caused the CPU usage issue.  Service turning off and on.   Win7  Mcafee bought from Dell.  Surprised I got the update so fast since I bought it from Dell.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 195 of 255

I might add that I am running Windows 7 Sp1 on this machine also Mate. Like you I am experiencing no issues.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_183665
Contributor
Message 196 of 255

Well, it's been 48 hours since the "fix" arrived here and AnalyticsSDK is still starting and stopping at approximately 1-2 minute intervals with no hangs. Still don't know what it does, but at least it's doing it quietly without locking up anything. I'd say it's fixed! Hopefully everybody's received this by now, either as a result of automatic updates or by requesting a check for updates.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 197 of 255

Hi Frank

Actually it monitors the *Health* of your McAfee Core Processes/Functions.  Glad to hear the positive input

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
zxspectrum
Former Member
Message 198 of 255

I'm glad to see the issue was identified and the automatic updates will resolve it (I had to deal with this for the first time today at work, and McAfee is what we sell (and recommend) at Staples). I just find it surprising (after reading the entire thread) that no one suggested editing services via regedit... It's certainly better than rebooting and trying to go through a bunch of steps as fast as possible in order to change a service startup type to "disabled".

If something like this ever happens again, and a service is identified as the culprit, open regedit, go to local machine, system, current control set, services, and change the offending service start type to "4". "2" sets it to auto, "3" to manual, and "4" to disabled.

I haven't seen the issue in any of my Livesafe installs (this is the one Staples installs on any new computer we sell, or as part of a computer repair if the customer accepts the recommendation). The first time I saw the issue, was on the "Total Protection" version.

Peacekeeper
Message 199 of 255

We do not suggest  registry edits as users might make errors. Though a reg file to disable this service could have been a possibility. That said the workaround seems to work for most.

Re Livesafe are your installs 15.1 as this version does not have the issue

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 200 of 255

As Colleague Peacekeeper stated

Any issues that may present themselves in the14.0.R12 Version/Build. Should no longer be present in the 15.0.R0/15.1.156 Version/Build. Which is expected to commence being throttled out once again the latter part of March. We Mods have been running since October 2016 without any performance issues, when it first was rolled out for a short period of time. However modifications and enhancements are and have been done to the New Installer.

It is my hope that *Staples* as a 3rd Party Provider passes this Upgrade on expediently to their customers.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community