cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_93663
Former Member
Message 161 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

catdaddy - that's great news.  Thanks so much for keeping us informed.  Is this a fix for both the CPU and the Analytics SDK problem (or maybe it is best to ask if it is a fix for the two -- I think there are two -- major issues out there?)

Peacekeeper
Message 162 of 255

I have asked the tech so will await his answer

windwhistle
Former Member
Message 163 of 255

Like others I've disabled the offending service and stopped automatic updates. McCafeye is now saying there are updates available and that my PC is at risk. Should I assume these 'updates' are a fix and download them?

truffle
Contributor III
Message 164 of 255

How will I know when I have gotten the update?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 165 of 255

windwhistle wrote:

Like others I've disabled the offending service and stopped automatic updates. McCafeye is now saying there are updates available and that my PC is at risk. Should I assume these 'updates' are a fix and download them?

Daily engine updates for your antivirus are very important.  Don't stop those.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 166 of 255

truffle wrote:

How will I know when I have gotten the update?

You wont normally know, but watch these forums for a Moderator or Technician post when it's released.

The last I heard is that they are still working on it.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 167 of 255

I would imagine after allowing the *Update* and restarting, one would have to enable the process again and see if the CPU usage/memory leak are back to some semblance of normalcy. Having said this, you have a valid point.

It is indeed unclear for one to know (When) the Fix has been installed. However on the (Positive) side of the equation one has been released.

As you and everyone else feels the same,I am sure, I will most definitely be relieved when all issues pertaining to this is finally resolved. As it actually darn near gives me a *Migrane* discussing it.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 168 of 255

You are quite welcome As PK we have contacted a Technician to clarify.

​  Could you kindly clarify?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
user_183665
Contributor
Message 169 of 255

I would presume that as long as McClientAnalytics.exe and McClientAnalytics.dll (and for that matter ModuleAnalyticsProxy.dll) remain at version 2.1.167.0 installed in late January, they haven't yet been updated with the emergency update.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 170 of 255

I removed and reinstalled McAfee, and no longer have the ClientAnalyticalServices running, even though the service is back to the manual startup type. I have been using the internet heavily for work, and have had no issues today.

I believe the fix can be verified by:

Going into the services screen and changing the ClientAnalyticalServices startup type to "Manual"

Restart the computer

Check and see if the service is running constantly.

I do not know if this is the permanent fix from McAfee, but that is what has happened to my computer. McAfee version is the same, and the AnalyticsSDK version is 2.1.167.0

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community