cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fuzwast
Former Member
Message 61 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

It seems inconceivable that McAfee doesn't have better testing facilities and practices prior to releasing something that impacts to this extent.

Something doesn't smell right to me.  As an example of something about this that bothers me - I have LOTS of McAfee services labeled / branded as McAfee.  This one WASN'T.  And there is NO DESCRIPTION of it in the services panel.

Being skeptical is not everything, but it can be helpful.  It is getting harder to know who to trust these days... 

I have one, then several days later another Win 7 machine that developed this "illness".  Addressed it by disabling the service.

leehart1
Former Member
Message 62 of 255

Thank You All!  I followed your instructions and it seems to be working fine now!  Stopped and Disabled - Good to Go!

dcmyer
Former Member
Message 63 of 255

I have disabled the service but have had no luck in navigating to services and selecting stop before it is "stopping." Any suggestions? I open services up as fast as humanly possible, but it's always too late. Running Windows 10, problem started just this morning.

holliels
Former Member
Message 64 of 255

I could really use some help here.  I have disabled the clientanalyticalservices as per the advice in this thread.  However it is still running, or rather is stuck in 'stopping' process.  The option to Stop, pause etc cannot be selected.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. I run an online business and cant access my own laptop! Im significantly unimpressed with mcafee for this necessary and intrusive add-on, which it seems serves no purpose in terms of protecting my laptop from viruses.

Has anyone else found that the 'stop' option isnt available for clientanalyticsservices and if so how i stop this consuming my CPU.  Laptop is less than two weeks old!

roseg_89
Contributor
Message 65 of 255

Follow the instructions in thread 36 and everything should work fine. This is what I did a week ago and my laptop has been running fine since then.

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 66 of 255

- I’m with you 100% on this. I was an early poster in this thread and I must admit that I thought I was being overly sceptical, but there is definitely something not right here. Whatever, thankfully the disable function works in my case but not for everyone it seems judging by the latest posts. I have no intention of re-enabling this Client Analytical Services stuff and certainly not allowing anyone to remotely access my P.C.!

I hope for McAfee’s sake this doesn’t turn out to be another VW-type scandal! Just seems very odd to me that no-one will say what this Client Analytical Services actually does. We are told that it has no effect on the efficacy of the anti-virus software so it’s ok to disable it, in which case what IS it for?

roseg_89
Contributor
Message 67 of 255

Thread 39 is also helpful in case you have problems finding administrative tools in the control panel, depending on which windows version you are using.

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 68 of 255

See my post in no.20 in this thread. The info has been repeated in post no. 36.

Have you reported this to McAfee directly? I used the on-line chat facility but it didn't help as the technician advised it was a WINDOWS problem but at least the complaint was logged. I hope everyone else on this thread is doing the same otherwise McAfee can claim that there wasn't a sufficient number of complaints to take action.

holliels
Former Member
Message 69 of 255

Thank you roseg_89 and bonzo47.  I have read the thread repeatedly and did follow the instructions you kindly provided.

I successfully disabled the service but the problem has not ceased.  This, i assume, is because i have not 'stopped' clientanalyticservice.  I located it in services no problem, the issue I am having is that I cannot select 'stop' as an option no matter how quickly i navigate to services.  Im not the most computer savvy so excuse my non technical explanation -  'stop' is greyed out, i.e the button isnt acting as a button, as are the other options of start, pause, resume and restart.  It is therefore stuck in the 'stopping' process.

As everyone has already found, stopping via the task manager processes screen has no effect, nor does end task.  On the task manager services screen the only available option for clientanalyticservice is to start it.  Im not sure whether to do this and then try to stop it again.

So im still at a loss and would be really grateful for any further advice

roseg_89
Contributor
Message 70 of 255

In my case, after rebooting my laptop the service was running for more than 5 minutes before trying to stop. This gave enough time to disable the service before it tried to stop. If I remember well I rebooted my laptop after disabling the service, which would prevent the service from starting in the first place. I would suggest giving this a try. This instruction would then be missing in the referenced posts (20 and 36).

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community