cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonzo47
Former Member
Message 21 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

- this is what I did (I followed advice on another forum): it worked for me and I'm no PC expert either:

Go to Control Panel, then System and Security, then Administrative Tools.

Find “Services” and double left click.

Scroll down to ClientAnalyticalServices and right click.

Click on Properties.

Change Start up to Disabled (it should be on either manual or automatic currently. I think mine was manual)

It may take some time because your PC is presumably running very slowly, as mine was. I'm talking several minutes to respond to each command!

Let me know how you get on. The daft thing is no-one (as yet) has explained what the heck this program does and yet disabling it apparently has no effect on my PC security. I'm beginning to wonder if it's some sort of spy-in-the-cab device which logs my every keystroke!

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 22 of 255

So do you have this CPU problem?

truffle
Contributor III
Message 23 of 255

I have WIN7 and do NOT have ClientAnalyticalServices. It is not listed as a service in any state.  I do have the process mcclientanalytics.exe, which comes and goes. 

Peacekeeper
Message 24 of 255

CD explained up a page that it have nothing to do with Virusscan or your security. This was confirmed back in the er "blog" that was the original Memory issue thread. DougK_t3 ( high level McAfee tech and who organized the memory fix) stated that it had nothing to do with the Virusscan version.

roseg_89
Contributor
Message 25 of 255

Yes I did have the problem. But I disabled the service on sunday and have not seen the problem occur since. As stated in my original posting, everything was working fine when the service was running. The problem was occurring when the service was trying to stop. It remained in that state seemingly unable to stop, CPU climbed and laptop became very slow.  I had to restart my laptop, it was running fine for a while, but eventually tried stopping the service again and the problem would appear again. I then disabled the service.

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 26 of 255

- yes I saw that, thank you. I haven't questioned that again - just still very curious what ClientAnalyticalServices and Analytics SDK actually do!

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 27 of 255

- I can't say what was going on with my PC i.e. whether the service was running or trying to stop when the CPU usage went through the roof. Maybe it was the latter, I didn't take much notice as I just wanted to kill it so I could use my PC again!

rockykendall
Contributor
Message 28 of 255

I changed the setting to disabled and I seem to  be getting around the problem.Thank YOU.

For other people's information, this is what he suggested:

Go to Control Panel, then System and Security, then Administrative Tools.

Find “Services” and double left click.

Scroll down to ClientAnalyticalServices and right click.

Click on Properties.

Change Start up to Disabled (it should be on either manual or automatic currently. I think mine was manual)

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 29 of 255

- glad it worked o.k. for you. Now let's wait and see what the McAfee professionals come up with.

aspydad
Former Member
Message 30 of 255

It worked for me too. Also waiting to see a) what it does and b) the fix.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community