cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indinfer
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

Bug Report: All Access - Total Protection, Frequently shows "Take a Tour"

This does not happen every time, but happens quite frequently. When closing the program, a window pops up inviting to take a tour of the product's features. First of all, to have this window pop up when you are trying to close the thing is annoying. Now, if you accept to take the tour, a blank window with just an arrow to click opens up. There is no way to close it. Clicking on the arrow does not do anything.

Is there some place to make McAfee aware of this bug so it can be fixed?

13 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 14

Re: Bug Report: All Access - Total Protection, Frequently shows "Take a Tour"

Personally I have never seen this ? However if I am not terribly mistaken, one of my Colleague's experienced such not to awful long ago. Hopefully he will pick up this thread and add to the Discussion.

All the Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
indinfer
Former Member
Message 3 of 14

I think this phenomenon re-started after Microsoft upgraded me to Windows 10. I remember the phenomenon had started before, but before I found some setting in Navigation >> General Settings and Alerts. So, I was able to turn the tour off. But now, I don't see anywhere to turn off the tour. And anyway, you should not have to turn it off. Once you click tour, you should get a tour instead of giving a blank window that won't close, even using Windows Task Master. This tour window does not always happen. But it has happened three times so far today.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 14

Could it be done by (Unchecking) Informational Alerts?

Under 'General Settings and Alerts'

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 14

No it occurs infrequently here, but only with the top 2 suites for some unknown reason.  I reported it and I believe it will be taken care of through a patch, not sure when.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 14

Thanks I could not remember exactly whom it was.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
indinfer
Former Member
Message 7 of 14

I don't know why my eyes did not see it before. Catdaddy mentioned informational alerts. Under informational alerts, I see "The McAfee All Access tour has not been taken". I think that is the check box that I unchecked before when I had this problem. I will uncheck it now.

The way that box got checked is that I did a clean install of Windows 10 after having problems with Windows 10. That meant reinstalling all the software including McAfee All Access - Total Protection.

This probably will keep the Take a Tour window from showing. But there is still a problem because in now way should accepting the tour result in a blank window you cannot close, and cannot even close using Windows Task Master. The only way I found to get rid of the annoying blank window is to restart Windows.

Ex-Brit is right that the Take a Tour does not happen every time. I call it frequent. Ex_Brit calls it infrequent. Either way, we don't have a procedure that will always reproduce the problem.

At least if unchecking that box stops the Take a Tour, I won't have to keep seeing it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 14

OK, good luck 😉

indinfer
Former Member
Message 9 of 14

I've been running with the configuration box checked for "The McAfee All Access tour has not been taken". I thought that that would stop the Take the Tour invitation (and the Tour does not even work, as described previously in this thread). However, The "Take the Tour" window still pops up, regardless of whether I have the box checked or unchecked.

So, this is still a problem. It is a double problem because (1) We should not be invited to take the tour if we already took it, and (2) The tour does not even work. Accepting the invitation to take the tour just results in a blank window that cannot be closed. The window only goes away if you restart Windows.

Ex_Brit is right again!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 14

Thanks, they're working on it....I hope.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community