Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haleena
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Brave browser not working after installing Mcafee

Hi guys!

I can't get my Brave browser to work with my newly acquired Mcafee Total Protection program. I can get Chrome and Opera browsers to work, but not my Brave browser. I use each browser for different things.

First time i opened both Chrome and Opera, Mcafee asked for permission for these programs to access the internet. This did not happen with Brave. I tried seeing if it was a firewall restriction, but it was not. I tried restricting it's connection and re-enabling the connection to see if it would work. No dice. I'm not sure what other settings i can use to allow Brave to use the internet.

My knowledge of computers and their programs is limited. Normally I can google or YouTube the solution but I'm not able to find anything on my issue. I'm hoping to get some help or suggestions for fixing this issue please. Thanks!

1 Reply
Bharani_BD
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Brave browser not working after installing Mcafee

HI @Haleena 

Please use the below article to allow the app from restricting the browser. Let us know if you face any difficulties with following the article.

https://service.mcafee.com/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS100813 

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community