cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilbarfett
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Blue Screen of Death when performing a full scan with build 15.0.294 on windows 7.

Now, if the bugcheck information is like  0x0000007a (0xfffff6fb800083f8, 0xffffffffc0000185, 0x0000000056040880, 0xfffff7000107fff8) you should do a complete harddisk check of the drive you were running the scan on.  Look for bad clusters.  My experience is that support will only perform a simple check of the disk, check your current network drivers and re-install the app and tell you to call back if the problem exists.  OVER AND OVER AND OVER. 

4 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Blue Screen of Death when performing a full scan with build 15.0.294 on windows 7.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/tp/stop_error_list_0x60_0xbf.02.htm

STOP Error 0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP error 0x7A means that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory. STOP code 0x0000007A may also display "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" on the same STOP message.

This could be a driver or disk controller problem. If there is no strong evidence to link it to a McAfee program I suggest you post to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7 and have the minidump from the BSOD zipped and ready for uploading when they ask for it.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 5

Re: Blue Screen of Death when performing a full scan with build 15.0.294 on windows 7.

Not this by chance

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1783

ie an old atheros network/wireless driver.

ilbarfett
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

To clearify the post.  The issue was resolved and information only posted to give folks that search here, something to start with.

The bugcheck indicates an issue with the:

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR:  0x7a_c0000185

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

Yes. It could be related to anything to do with the flow of information from the disk to the memory page.  I am suggesting that people first do a FULL check of the disk to eliminate the common occurance of bad clusters before they go off in other areas.  If the only issue you have is the system crashing when Mcafee is full scanning then a file issue would likely be the cause.  Hours on the support line, running low level checks and re-installing and calling back only to explain and do this again and again will be avoided.

Thanks for your comments.

flogger
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

So checking HDD first resolved this issue? I always thought BSOD is mostly caused by a bad memory.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community