Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanisluv
Contributor III
Message 1 of 13

Beta comunity section gone?

Jump to solution

Hello everybody,

I can`t open any threads\posts from Consumer Beta Programs. When I click on link I see following message:
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Does it mean that this section was deleted from Community or it just merged with another one and I need new privileges to open it?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 13

Re: Beta comunity section gone?

Jump to solution

Besides the sotwrae betsa is dead we have been told it might return in another form but it is not being upgraded

View solution in original post

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 13

Jump to solution

It has already been frozen at 14 version  engine updates might continue but no upgrades

View solution in original post

12 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

It appears ALL groups have gone.  You should be asking about that HERE so the Adminstrator spots it.

I think it's still being worked on so time will tell.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution
I fear the worst. In the transfer from Jive to Lithium they've taken the opportunity to - what did they say - tidy. Prune. Rationalise. Beta has been comatose for quite a while, and now it seems to have passed on. Although I don't altogether discount the possibility of a Lazarus-like revival ...
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

The transfer of content for groups is patchy but the Beta group is still there -

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Consumer-Beta-Programs/gp-p/mcafee-total-protection-beta

and I can click on posts there and see them. Are you still a member, or do you need to re-apply for membership?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

---

--

I can understand that, but I thought deletion of stuff was a no-no.    Besides there is a chance beta will restart soon.    I  see no groups yet at all.   Maybe it's still in process.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

@Hayton wrote:

The transfer of content for groups is patchy but the Beta group is still there -

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Consumer-Beta-Programs/gp-p/mcafee-total-protection-beta

and I can click on posts there and see them. Are you still a member, or do you need to re-apply for membership?

---

--I see an access denied message now when I try to go there.  

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

Someone in ePO was saying his post has disappeared and one of the replies referred to synching. So yes I think a lot of problems here are because the framework - structure - has largely been set up but only very recent posts were being fed into the new set-up. Older posts have to be copied over, but as I said elsewhere (I think) TA may well take the opportunity to prune, slim down and tidy up. If Beta is no longer supported then its posts might be archived instead of copied to Lithium. Who knows? Too soon to tell.

stanisluv
Contributor III
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

del.

stanisluv
Contributor III
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

Probably we (me and exbrit) need re-apply for membership. Think so because I wasn`t able to enter with my  ID and pass after community relaunch. So I reset the pass and now I`m here.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

---

--I think it's visible to Hayton because he's a Volunteer and has higher viewing rights than we do.  Wait until the coming week and I'm sure things will slowly appear.....perhaps.

---
Peter
Toronto, Canada
---

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community