cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 31 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

Oh well that works as well sorry to lose you.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 32 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

it looks like i am going to do the same as momshelper since none of these " fixes" seem to work this year. i will no longer be using McAfee produces and I will be posting on facebook and tweeter how unsatisfied i have become with the companies complete lack of customer service. yes i called them and after about 30 minutes on hold then another several minutes waiting for somebody that spoke english all i got was the run around "did you do this did you do that' to which i replied that i did all of their suggestions and the suggestions of the people on the forums to no avail.

i just wish the rest of you people good luck with a product that seems to be getting worst as the years go by.

Peacekeeper
Message 33 of 186

I will try again to get tech support here this issue I cannot reproduce as no dial up. So has any1 Windows file protection errors in the event log. the tech was waiting for an answer

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 4/09/11 7:49:34 PM
SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 34 of 186

you can tell the tech not to bother waiting any more I concider the problem fixed. I uninstalled all of McAfee produces and installed bitdefender.

so in my opinion this is answered as quite McAfee all together.

have a nice day.

Peacekeeper
Message 35 of 186

Is there any1 left with this issue that the techs can contact?

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 36 of 186

Peacekeeper wrote:

Is there any1 left with this issue that the techs can contact?

This may or may not be the same issue , but ever since the update back in late May / early June , I have had an issue with dialup access. Right after the update , I when I tried to connect , the system would freeze (crash) when it was trying to make contact with the ISP's servers. That happened in CompuServe 2000 version 6.02 , CompuServe Dialer , and Juno. Through some experimentation , it was discovered that if the AOL software was used as if connecting (but cancelling just before it did) , closing AOL , then starting up the CS software , it worked fine. Tier 2 techs at both CS and McAfee both indicated it was a firewall issue. No errors were found in the event log when that happened. Somer is working on it.

Peacekeeper
Message 37 of 186

Thanks yes I remember her mentioning that. I think the issue here was more a netzero issue with mcafee.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 38 of 186

then riddle me this batman why is my system working great ever since i completly deleted McAfee and installed bitdefender?

the only thing that changed was my antivirus program.

Peacekeeper
Message 39 of 186

Because something you had installed be it your ISP software or something else clashed with Mcafee but not Bitdefender.

Good luck with your new software

johnpt
Former Member
Message 40 of 186

I too have been having Blue Screen and an Auto restart when dialing-up to Orange in the UK. This has been since a McAfee uodate in July 2011. The Blue screen happens just after the connection is made and info. starts to exchange.

Running XP and dial-up works fine if I turn off McAfee

Tier 2 Mcafee tech worked on the the machine yesterday 15/09/11 but although fully briefed with a detailed email from me (including links to this thread) all he did was reset McAfee to default and chech the setting. The problems still exists.

It seems that McAfee are not treating this seriously because it is a "only dial-up" issue. And I suspect many with the problem can't get through to complain because their dial-up conection can't be made, and they just move away from McAfee.

It appears very clear that an update of McAfee in May - July? 2011 has created a conflict with some dial-up operators.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community