cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rabbit2
Contributor
Message 171 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

Well I did liaise with support and I agreed to create the fault and to upload the resulting system dumps. Unfortunately this plan was interrupted by the WFP / screen display problem which forced me to (permanently) uninstall McAfee. However, I did have some mini dumps and one full dump of the problem prior to my uninstall which I agreed to send. A share on a McAfee server was created for me to upload to, but although I could see the share it was not accessible. I sent a PM to Support advising them that the share was not available to me and ... never heard a word since. I give up!

Peacekeeper
Message 172 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

This sharing seems not to work I am having similar issues with a beta issue. I will ping the boss.

adadto3
Former Member
Message 173 of 186

Working with McAfee AV Plus in a Windows XP environment and been using dial up with no issues for years...UNTIL last Friday.  McAfee had a software update (not just AV definitions) that required a reboot.  After the reboot, I now can't use the dial up.  With an issue that was identified 1+ years ago with no resolution, I'll be uninstalling tomorrow and getting my corporate folks to get me another AV program and when my current AV home program subscription runs out, will not be selecting McAfee.  Poor response to customer concerns.

johnpt
Former Member
Message 174 of 186

adadto3

Since I changed to Norton I have no problems with dial up when used and after many years of McAfee on several computers in my family and business I have now found that Norton is much better.

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 175 of 186

Any further news on this issue getting fixed? It was fixed (at least on my system) when an update to the Security Center came through back in September or so. That lasted 5-6 weeks when another update came through and it was back to not working again. The upgrade to version 12 made no difference.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 176 of 186

I'll add this to the Monday conference call.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 177 of 186

well i see that McAfee still does not care about the little people. this problem has been going on now for almost 2 years now and still no fix???

well no fix from McAfee anyway other people on this forum have found the perfect fixes, dump McAfee since they obiously do not care about the people that were using their product and have now smartened up and moved on to more relyable antivirus programs.

well for you all who are still waiting for McAfee to fix this problem good luck.

Peacekeeper
Message 178 of 186

hmm thought this had been fixed as another poster seemed to be using it ok now. At least i thought so. Will ping the techs again

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 179 of 186

Peacekeeper wrote:

hmm thought this had been fixed as another poster seemed to be using it ok now. At least i thought so. Will ping the techs again

It was fixed temporarily (at least on my system) by an update to the Security Center back in the Fall of 2012. However , the upgrade to version 12 brought the problem back. The techs were going to get data from my system , but then disaster struck and the install had an error requiring an uninstall/reinstall. The only option here was to use the CD for Total Protection (I was running VirusScan Plus). However , it will not install as McAfee Validation Trust Protection Service is still active (MCPR does not remove it).

Peacekeeper
Message 180 of 186

So were they trying anything at all? I have been pushing for a cd for you of 12.1 so this can be sorted and mentioned your issue a fortnight ago. I re-emailed all parties tonight so see what happens.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community