cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmckee
Contributor III
Message 181 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

Peacekeeper wrote:

So were they trying anything at all? I have been pushing for a cd for you of 12.1 so this can be sorted and mentioned your issue a fortnight ago. I re-emailed all parties tonight so see what happens.

Thanks!

At the moment they can't try anything as the system will not allow the install of even the Total Protection version 11 from 2 years ago. At the moment , I only have Windows firewall active and limit online activity.

Peacekeeper
Message 182 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

I will reask re the cd offer in our call Monday.

Peacekeeper
Message 183 of 186

Somer explained your issues good luck with the reinstall.

SHUBYDO61 they need you to log a job and ask it to be escalated . What versions are you on?

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 184 of 186

Peacekeeper wrote:

Somer explained your issues good luck with the reinstall.

Thanks - I'll need it!

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 185 of 186

i am not using any version of McAfee and the reason for this is because i found several other antivirus companys that accually care about their custermers like bittdefender, trend, and even norton. i am using the first two and have not had ANY problems with either of them.

i am just following this trend to see how long, if ever, it takes McAfee to fix this on going problem of theirs.

Peacekeeper
Message 186 of 186

As jmmckee said this was fixed and broken again. Mcafee wants to sort out what the break was but his install is a tad messed up. As we do not seem to have another currently with the issue this may take a while.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 24/04/13 3:10:04 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community