cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 151 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

Cd should suffice will pass on to the tech

bob2011
Contributor
Message 152 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

The pictures of the BSOD in post #11 are from me.

I would volunteer to do this, but I uninstalled and now need a dvd to reinstall (downloading via dial-up just isn't an option).

If you can send me a DVD to reinstall, I'd be happy to send you any logs, .dmp files, whatever you want.

Peacekeeper
Message 153 of 186

Passed up the line

Peacekeeper
Message 154 of 186

They are chasing things themselves at this time if they need dumps they with discuss how with you.

bob2011
Contributor
Message 155 of 186

ok

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 156 of 186

Any further updates on this?

Peacekeeper
Message 157 of 186

I wish but no that tech was away last week will email him.

frankiehasprobl
Former Member
Message 158 of 186

I am having a similar problem. When I try to access Earthlink (my ISP via dialup) using my modem, everything works fine (meaning the connection is made, and my password and username are recognized) until I receive the message "Registering your computer on the network." At this point my computer freezes up, meaning that neither the mouse nor the keyboard functions. I needed to reboot to get out of it.

So, I uninstalled McAfee Internet Suite from the control panel (Add or Remove Programs), ran MCPD (I may have these initials wrong, I am on a different machine right now), all messages said that MIS was uninstalled with no difficulty. Then I tried again to connect via modem, and the connection was made, the computer did not hang, and I was able to access the Internet via the dialup connection. So with MIS removed the dialup connection worked.

I then downloaded and reinstalled McAfee Internet Suite (this morning by broadband), there were no error messages or problems, and then I tried once again to connect via modem, and the process failed exactly as described above in the first paragraph..

Please let me know what information I can provide to help solve this problem. From the long thread involved, it looks like the problem is a nasty one.

I am running Windows XP SP3 on a Dell Precision 380, completely up-to-date with XP.

frankiehasprobl
Former Member
Message 159 of 186

Here we are Sept 18 and still no solution to this problem!

Thank you McAfee.

Peacekeeper
Message 160 of 186

I agree they have a test box and produced logs etc but more needed and this I assume is being pushed aside by bigger issues. (my feel not an official answer). Will reask the tech looking into it. Sorry all issues are not fixed speedily.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community