cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnpt
Former Member
Message 111 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

I get BSOD just after the dial-up's initial connection, as data starts to exchange. The PC then restarts automatically.

I have sent logs (several times) and very detailed information about what happens and when it all started (after an automatic McA. software update).

I don't believe that this is a problem too difficult for the mighty McA. to solve, so conclude they don't want to solve it.

They must think that there are so few people using dial-up that we are not worth worrying about. But I do wonder how many people don't bother with this type of community and just change supplier when they discover it is a McA. problem. Professional IT people are not going to waste time on this site when they read the long long history.

Tony says he will discuss it on Monday's call. How many times has this been said already?

John

Peacekeeper
Message 112 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

It was discussed several times I bring it up to stir them along  as some issues bog down.

I will note this as important and see what happens.

nayan007
Former Member
Message 113 of 186

I don't understand why people still use it with the slow connection

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 114 of 186

Like I said in several of these posts drop McAfee and go to an anti-virus company that cares about their customers.

this problem has been going on since june or july ( 7-8 months) do any of you think that McAfee really care about you?? they already have your money.

the only thing that is going in McAfee's favor is the helpful moderators but it seems that McAfee is pushing them under the bus also.

I wish you all good luck with this problem again my problem with McAfee is over I am using another, and better, antivirus program.

Peacekeeper
Message 115 of 186

This issue still live we discussed jmckee's discussion with Somer and they are tying to setup a dialup access. Will get back to you all. 

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 116 of 186

Any news?

Peacekeeper
Message 117 of 186

Did any1 contact you last i heard was Dinz was to..

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 4/03/12 7:35:12 PM
jmckee
Contributor III
Message 118 of 186

Haven't been contacted since Dinesh contacted me about 2 months ago. At that time , I understood that they had all they need from my system.

Have they been successful in setting up a dialup connection to test with? That will likely be the only way to see what is happening and trap the error after a crash/freeze.

Peacekeeper
Message 119 of 186

NO not that I can see. I will talk to them Monday on our call

Peacekeeper
Message 120 of 186

Jmckee

OK the tech I talk to has found an old laptop with a modem and setup a dialup test. He may need an account info to test so he might PM youto discuss sharing your details for a day. I think you offerred that if I remember at least someone did.

Furter info to follow. At least all logs and dumps can be copied direct to a stick and put on their server no need for trying to download this over dialup.

Will keep you informed

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community