cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnpt
Former Member
Message 81 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

Jai

Yes I received the email and will upload the data tomorrow. I have already uploaded the data previously when requested by McAfee but will do it again.

The user who has this problem is Rosemary (my wife) and the data was uploaded as from Rosemary@*******.fsnet.co.uk

I just find it incredible that McAfee have not bothered to fix this, or don't understand what needs to be done.

John

mgenthner
Contributor
Message 82 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

johnpt, admittedly these things can be hard to ferret out.  Since it looked like this issue wasn't going to be resolved soon, I decided to cut my losses and spring for an internet security product from the "yellow and black" guys. I no longer have an issue.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 83 of 186

it looks like you took my advise and left McAfee. good choice. but if you are looking for a refund good luck here is the responce they sent me : we are sorry but you had the software for more then 30 days. in other words you are SOL.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 84 of 186

McAfee told me i am out of luck since it is over 30 days here is the customer service number SR-644584541 (#6356-258937116-5182)

and it sounds like i am not going to get anything from McAfee except garbage.

Peacekeeper
Message 85 of 186

Hmm I will see what I can do . The 30 days is not in stone and how long did u have it for?

This my feeling and does not guarantee anything but I will try to help

They are trying to sort the issue out that is why the log request.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 25/10/11 11:00:02 AM
johnpt
Former Member
Message 86 of 186

Jai

I have uploaded the MER data to SR# 484570-739970754

This is a SR# which was created (I believe as a result of the community forum involvement and is not the original SR# 484570-741249668.

When I tried to upload to  ...668 it said the SR had expired!! Does this mean they gave-up on trying to solve the problem?

Just before I ran the MER Toll I dialed-up and got the BSOD so there should be evidence of this in the data.

-------------------------------------------------------

Just as reminder --

Blue screen on dial - up

My problem

When I use dial-up to Orange (+44) 084405 64000

POP.orangehome.co.uk 

SMTP. orangehome.co.uk

The connection is made but as soon as data starts to exchange I get a very quick Blue Screen followed by an automatic restart.

So I can never complete a dial-up connection.

Broadband connection works OK

On restart the Microsoft problem reporting system says an un-attributable blue screen.

The problem started following a McAfee update in July 2011

There is no problem if I turn McAfee off

What I have done

1. Windows XP being used. Computer Compaq desk top 5443EA
  2. Removed Mcafee including the use of the removal tool & reinstalled latest version from web.
  3. Checked modem working OK using the XP checking tool
  4. Dleted & reloaded driver for modem  Conexant HSF V92 56k Driver 15/01/2004 Version 7.4.5.51
  5. Dialed – up to and logged on from another computer without Mcafee OK with no problem
  6. Changed to a new modem StarTech External V92 56k USB with different driver – Problem remains
johnpt
Former Member
Message 87 of 186

Jai

We all know this problem started around early July 2011 following a McAfee update so why is it so difficlt to go back and see what was changed that would effect the interchange of infomation as a dial-up connection is made?

Has anyone at McAfee actually tried dialing-up one os these ISPs? or don't they have dial-up equipment any more?

If McAfee can't sort this problem what would happen if a similar problem hit cable / broadband services????

I know most people on this forum have moved away from McAfee and I intend to do the same. In my case I have been able to use a broadband alternative since July which has helped, but I will not be renewing my McAfee subscription.

How many others feel the same but have not made their voice heard. They will have changed to another provider and will fail to renew with McAfee.

John

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 88 of 186

i am thinking that a good class action lawsuit might get McAfee off of their *** and try harder to find a fix or start refunding money for shoddy software.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 89 of 186

it would be just like McAfee to stop worrying about this problem what the hay they already got your money so good luck.

the  best advise that i could give you and everybody that is having this problem is to post their dissatisfaction with McAfee on facebook twitter and all of the other similar sights.

let the people that have not been screwed by McAfee know about their lack of help before they are in the same predicament that we are in.

Peacekeeper
Message 90 of 186

Ok so you do not need my assistance as you did not answer my question. ie how long have you used this version and thus been having this issue. If it is 6mths well I may not be able to help.1-2 mths maybe.

Dial up not that common so I gather and it is something in the ISP login software that is reacting to Mcafee's software.

Mcafee is working on it so there will be movement on this soon hopefully.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community