cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 21 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

I tried deabling the firewall, i tried not installing mcafee's firewall, i tried just installing the antivirus part of the suite all with the same results

Peacekeeper
Message 22 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

I feel it is something netzero provides that clashes. Can you try a chat with Technical support and see what they say? If necessary ask for an escalation. call back.

The link to tech suport in useful links tab above

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 23 of 186

I have two other computers using different anti virus programs ( one computer running trend and the other running kaspersky) and neither of them are having any problem with netzero. all three computers running xp pro w/sp3

if i install mcafee from the disc the only problem i have is activating until i update mcafee. this tells me that it is mcafee. just like the last 4 years.

Peacekeeper
Message 24 of 186

I seem to remember a comment here that netzero software affects Mcafee that is whay I suggested the chat option. It is beyond mod capability sorry.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 25 of 186

the only problem with trying to "chat with tech support " is with McAfee running i cannot connect to the internet. every time that i try to connect right after password is excepted my computer reboots.

if it is netzero why for the past 4 or 5 years when a conflict between netzero and the new version of McAfee happened it was McAfee who had to fix their end to make it work? in fact one year the Ex Brit ( i see that he is still around ) found the fix for the conflict.

Peacekeeper
Message 26 of 186

I will talk to Peter (EX_brit) and see what he thinks

Peacekeeper
Message 27 of 186

Sorry he does not remember the fix have you a link? I also asked a high level tech the question.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 28 of 186

sorry i do not have the link it has been over a year now.

i tried again all of the suggestions that have been made in this link and nothing seems to help.

the only time that i am not having a conflict between McAfee and Netzero is when either i do not have McAfee installed or if i install it from the CD and do not update. as soon as i either up date to current data or do install it on line i start having the problem.

the problem being everytime that my internet provider ( Netzero) connects with the internet my computer reboots.

it is looking more and more like the only way that i am going to get this fixed is to install either Kaspersky, Bittdefender, or one of the other antivirus programs that are available.

Peacekeeper
Message 29 of 186

Two thoughts

1 set firewall to defaults.

reboot

retry connection.

2. Open event viewer ie right click My computer and choose manage. Open the event viewer and see if you see any Windows file protection errors.

momshelper
Contributor
Message 30 of 186

I solved the problem.  I uninstalled all Mcafee products and installed a competitors product.  No more BSOD.  No more Mcafee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community