Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 14

Re: Anyone heard of Alpha PC Care?

They didn't say Alpha PC Care but it was the same thing.  Extremely thick African accent and the area code they appeared to be coming from was in the Dominican Republic but apparently all that is, is an open relay and they are actually in Nigeria.   That's the last thing I read up about the ones who called me.

Fortunately I have the ability to block any number including the last one who called me, so off with their heads I say......at least until they decide to switch relays.

You can learn a lot if you have Call Display on your phone...just Google the number.

😉

flogger
Former Member
Message 12 of 14

Thank you for the heads up. How were you able to connect the phone number that you called to Alpha PC Care? The site looks malicious too.

tomjones
Former Member
Message 13 of 14

US numbers for the scam operation named Alpha PC Care, ran out of India, are: (360)xxx-xxxx and (347)xxx-xxxx. Anyone have any other US numbers for these scam operations? They target US, UK, and Canada. Known fake names they use when calling: Clinton, Gary, Ricky. Feel free to call and waste their time before they call your grandmother and steal her money!!  Let's shut them down!!

Numbers removed by Moderator because someone is sure to call them.

on 19/10/12 5:39:58 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 14

Encouraging folks to do exactly what those'companies' are doing isn't really in keeping with what McAfee stands for so am locking this thread.

Also it's against forum terms of service to post other peoples' phone numbers.

However I appreciate the motive behind your post.    McAfee and Microsoft are aware of these people.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 19/10/12 7:18:38 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community