Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waltah
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Antivirus Plus firewall will not turn on

Jump to solution

woke up this morning seeing that my computer had ran windows updates, logged in and all was well until i noticed mcafee firewall was off. Tried turning it on and it simply reverts back to being off after a couple of seconds. Any idea what would be causing this? i dont appear to be infected (updated malwarebytes scan was clean) nor do i have any other issues.

Win 7 64 bit enterprise SP1

McAfee personal firewall V12.0

Mcafee security center V11.0

and and all help appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
waltah
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Re: Antivirus Plus firewall will not turn on

Jump to solution

actually turned out to be virus related. it got itself into the registry and was causing havoc, malwarebytes nor mcafee found it. superantispyware did. re-imaged my PC from a date prior to the infection and all is well, ran scans again and im clean. firewalls are functional again

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi Waltah,

Can you please open McAfee Security center and let us know any item that is been quarantined that Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.

1. Click Navigation.
  2. Click the Quarantined and Trusted Items link.
  3. Click the Quarantined Items drawer.

consvr.JPG

If its not found, please run McAfee virtual technician from here and check if it reports any missin files of McAfee Firewall  and get back to us with the session .

Regards,

waltah
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

i will as soon as i get home. thank you

waltah
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

actually turned out to be virus related. it got itself into the registry and was causing havoc, malwarebytes nor mcafee found it. superantispyware did. re-imaged my PC from a date prior to the infection and all is well, ran scans again and im clean. firewalls are functional again

Dinz
Former Member
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

So, my prediction turned out to be EXACT. Thanks for the update J  and glad that you are OK now .

keiooz
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

This is the exactly what I need. It really saves a lot of time. Thanks for helping.

Debster
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

I just bought a new laptop and livesafe prem+.  It wont turn antivirus on, loads wont set up.  You press to set up, it says installing, then goes back to set up. Im frustrated and fed up. Pls help. 

16425054265587956423770208765817.jpg

16425054490321682848574337759813.jpg

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community