Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
photo111
Former Member
Message 1 of 18

Anti Virus Plus - Update

Jump to solution

Windows XP, fully patched, last McA update successfully completed last Thursday, Nov 1

Today I went to do my normal McA update, the screen indicated it was checking for updates, then said I was up to date, then indicated that my computer is at risk. This was on my desktop.

Went to my laptop, checked for updates, same thing..."your computer is up to date", then the splash screen indicate "computer is at risk".

Both computers showing the little exclamation point of the McA icon in the system tray.

What's up?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
photo111
Former Member
Message 8 of 18

Re: Anti Virus Plus - Update

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit & Karth,

Thanks for your assistance. It turns out that this may have been a server issue.

Both computera began to connect to the servers correctly @ 6pm EST, and updated without any issues.

Thanks again, and hopefully I won't be in need of any help for awhile.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

17 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 18

Jump to solution

Is your system clock accurate both time and timezone-wise?

If it is try running the Virtual Technician to see if it can find and fix any issues.

http://mvt.mcafee.com/

Have you had any other indications of trouble?   Also please open SecurityCenter and tell mr the version for SecurityCenter and the details for VirusScan.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 3 of 18

Jump to solution

Adding to peter’s notes, also try updating the McAfee after running the below MSCPRXFIX.exe Tool

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MSCPRXFIX.exe

photo111
Former Member
Message 4 of 18

Jump to solution

Hey Ex_Brit,

Nice to see you again.

Virus Scan

V 15

Build 15.0.302

Last update 11/1/12

DAT V 6882

Boot DAT V 6880

Engine 5400.1158

Sec Center V 11

Build 11.0.678

The thing here is that the event is taking place on 2 different computers, a desktop and a laptop. It seems possible that this could be a server issue? Everything was running absolutely fine until I went to the check for updates which is my standard once a week procedure.

Lat thing I need here in NYC given the hurrican and the nor'easter is to start running into McA problems.

Let me know what you think...

Message was edited by: photo111 on 11/8/12 4:14:11 PM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 18

Jump to solution

Sounds OK except you are behind with the updates.  Assuming the system clock is accurate it should update normally.   Perhaps the severs are down in your area, who knows?

Try what Karthiks suggested.  He's a tech so is better qualified than I to give advice.

photo111
Former Member
Message 6 of 18

Jump to solution

Yea, I'm behind on the updates becuse I can't get this week's update.

My clock and zone are fine.

For both [actually 3] computers to be experiencing this I have to feel this may be a server issue.

After the check for updates I get the "you are up to date"...but the top of the splash screen indicates "at risk".

I'm gonna wait 24 hours, unless you have another suggestion?

Message was edited by: photo111 on 11/8/12 4:24:42 PM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 18

Jump to solution

I wonder if a simply reboot might cure it.   Try what Karthiks suggested then maybe rerun the MVT. 

If it persists try contacting Technical Support - it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

We got the tail end of that storm up here and I don't envy any of you in that area.  Let's hope it's simply lines down, servers overloaded.

The final solution would be uninstall, run MCPR cleanup, reboot and reinstall, but that would be your last resort.

photo111
Former Member
Message 8 of 18

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit & Karth,

Thanks for your assistance. It turns out that this may have been a server issue.

Both computera began to connect to the servers correctly @ 6pm EST, and updated without any issues.

Thanks again, and hopefully I won't be in need of any help for awhile.

Best regards,

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 18

Jump to solution

That's good news.  All the best 😉

karthiks
Former Member
Message 10 of 18

Jump to solution

Great, have a good day ahead!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community