cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbritton001
Contributor II
Message 1 of 6

Annoying McAfee Ads - McAfee Total Protection

I have disabled "Informational Alerts" along with all over the other alerts but yet STILL get this type of popups numerous times a day.  

Besides removing the application and requesting a TOTAL Refund. Why am I getting SPAMMED from an application that is supposed to protect up from SUCH spam which we PAID to protect us? 

Here I thought Nortons was bad, gezzz. 

5 Replies
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: Annoying McAfee Ads - McAfee Total Protection

Hi @jbritton001,

We request you to follow the method 2 mentioned in below article to make sure all the traces of McAfee software is removed from your computer,

How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows 

Please update us the outcome if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Avinash

jbritton001
Contributor II
Message 3 of 6

Wait so the product is telling me to REMOVE the product that I purchased to protect me, from something that should be simple to turn off?

Or has McAfee moved to the model of changing and then flooding a client with popups? 

I am not the only one that wants this popup "Feature" removed from something we paid for to NOT get popups, viruses, and whatnot.  I know from the enterprise side of things there are no AD popups like this. 

So again, to stop the annoying popups from YOUR application the only fix is to remove the software? 

AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Hi @jbritton001,

Please let us know how often you get this pop ups on your device, also let us know if the pop up shows up when the computer is idle or when you are online. 

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application, make sure to disable the informational alerts. If the issue persists kindly update us the outcome.

Thanks,
Avinash.

jbritton001
Contributor II
Message 5 of 6

Please let us know how often you get this pop ups on your device, also let us know if the pop up shows up when the computer is idle or when you are online. 

Well since when I am not using it, it's turned off or asleep I have not seen any of the popups waiting for me. However, when I am using the machine I do and it's 2-5 a DAY.  As you can in the attached image all "Informational Alerts" are turned off HOWEVER the pops are PURE McAfee adverts and NOT application informational alerts. So where is the location to turn off ads? I wont want them and don't need to be seeing them pop up. 

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the application, make sure to disable the informational alerts. If the issue persists kindly update us on the outcome.

Have done that and the same result within a couple of hours of reinstalling the Advert's return, and the only way to NOT get them is to completely remove your product. 

AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Hi @jbritton001,

I have sent a personal message. Kindly revert back with the requested details to assist you further.

Regards,
Avinash.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community