Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lotty
Contributor
Message 51 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

Dell optiplex i7 W10 Pro x64 16G ram 500G SSD Samsung  

Peak ram is never more than say 65% of total .. but problem is when the AnalyticsService / ClientAnalyticsService service jumps over 1G PC and apps start to misbehave .. and further when my PC sits overnight .. with screen lock but no hibernation .. the service is over 2G and PC extremely glitchy at first .. not until i end task and let things settle down before i can really start using the PC. If i reboot that always immediately clears the issues and PC comes back up and runs normally until this process again revisits the 1G level.

As to when this occurs .. lets just say after a reboot or just ending task .. i tend to always have a browser with 20+ tabs open open ..  assuming i continue normal activities the process climbs back to 600+ MB within a couple hours

Earlier today i purposely closed all browsers and other network intensive apps to watch the AnalyticsService / ClientAnalyticsService service behave .. but the service did not step back on memory footprint and in fact kept growing at same rate.

Hope that helps.

mairaki
Contributor
Message 52 of 358

Jump to solution

Same issue happening with me.

If you would like to collect more logs, I am willing to share them.

Processor: Intel

HDD

AnalyticsSDK memory usage: Around 900 MB (25%)

Total memory usage: Around 70%

Upon booting computer, AnalyticsSDK uses a reasonable amount of memory (around 20 MB). But, upon opening either Chrome or Firefox, the memory steadily rises into the hundreds and does not lower when the web browser is closed. I have not tried with I.E., but I would assume the same result would occur, as with any other web browser.

Edit: Updated values

azbob
Former Member
Message 53 of 358

Jump to solution
  • Operating System - WINDOWS 10 HOME
  • Processor manufacturer – AMD A8-7410
  • Bit level - 64
  • Hard disk type (HDD or SSD or Hybrid) – HDD, 1TB
  • Highest % of RAM used (The peak value noticed) – 1,920 MB / 13%
  • Symptoms of the issue (Whether occurs during web browsing) - FIREFOX
  • I never use google or chrome, sometimes Edge but problem started while using Firefox (32bit). I've switched to Firefox (64bit).
  • I stopped the service ClientAnalyticsService and the memory leak stopped
davep630
Former Member
Message 54 of 358

Jump to solution

Below is my system information.  I did the change as suggested by peterg99 in an earlier post and that resolved the issue for most of a day and then it started again. After reboot it was resolved again and it hasn't occurred for ~24 hours. 

Dell Inspiron 660

Windows 8.1

RAM: 8.0 GB

Processor: Intel Core i5-3340

System: 64-bit

Hard disk type (HDD or SSD or Hybrid) – HDD

Highest % of RAM used (The peak value noticed) – Don't recall but believe it was ~25%

Symptoms of the issue (Whether occurs during web browsing) - IE and Chrome

nuhairi
Contributor
Message 55 of 358

Jump to solution

My PC spec:

• Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
  • Processor manufacturer - Intel® Core™ i5-6260U on Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH platform.
  • Bit level - 64 bit
  • Ram - Crucial DDR4-2133 16GB
  • Hard disk type (HDD or SSD or Hybrid) - Intel SSD M.2 (Gen 6) 248GB
  • Highest % of RAM used (The peak value noticed) - 3.9GB out of 16GB
  • Symptoms of the issue (Whether occurs during web browsing or any other action that triggers the issue)- occurs during web browsing. Chrome become not responsive.
  • My Chrome is Version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit).
    • My Chrome have a few app:
      • Youtube
      • Gmail
      • Calendar
      • Drive
      • News
      • Maps
      • Play
  • What else? ... The NUC hooked up to only one HDMI display 1080p, and a keyboard/mouse combo and Ethernet cable.
  • The system does not have a lot of software only Google Chrome, Kodi, uTorrent, Open Office and McAfee LifeSafe

vetes
Former Member
Message 56 of 358

Jump to solution

Same Problem here. Killed AnalyticsSDK at 600MB of RAM and it's already past 50 a few minutes after relaunching itself. Just noticed today after my system started acting up.

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 Home
Version10.0.14393 Build 14393
System ManufacturerLENOVO
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory7.91 GB
Total Virtual Memory18.2 GB
Available Virtual Memory8.06 GB

lotty
Contributor
Message 57 of 358

Jump to solution

this morning first login .. PC running with just screen saver on for past hours .. total uptime 2 days

the ClientAnalyticsService 2.7G  .then I ended task

csmicfool
Former Member
Message 58 of 358

Jump to solution

Processor: Intel Core i7

Bit Level: 64 bit

HD type: 1x SSD (boot), 2x HDD

Highest % of RAM: 53% (12.8GB used)

Symptoms: ??? Regular usage.  Logged in and tried to start my work VM like any normal day, VM failed to start due to lack of available memory, checked and saw this.  Chrome, Outlook, Skype for Business and VirtualBox are all running "normally" (except that I can't start new VMs).

Also willing to provide logs, etc.  Need an urgent solution.

skeown
Contributor
Message 59 of 358

Jump to solution

Here's a counter note.  On my second computer I do not have this service listed or process running nor do I see the memory leak.

Running Windows 10 EDU

Of interest though is my Mcafee Total Protection is Release 15.1 vs 14 on my computer where it is happening.  I'll switch over to that computer and see if I can remove/reinstall with the new version and see if that fixes it.  Will also grab my full specs there and report back.

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 60 of 358

Jump to solution

I raised this issue with Dev yesterday after Cliff (thanks CatDaddy) brought it to my attention.  We're investigating the problem from a couple of different angles internally. 

Meanwhile, either Selvan or Sanjay will be reaching out to at least some of you who graciously volunteered to help us so we can collect data and your observations etc.

Thank you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community