Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teapot
Contributor
Message 11 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

If this is "Consumer beta software" I'll be even more pissed.   Memory climbed again overnight for the 4th time such that I had to kill it in taskmanager.   All I saw was that a scan had completed.

I have the Total Protection consumer product on windows 10 and sure didn't agree to any beta stuff.   Renewed by license earlier in January but previously also had Total Protection last year.   For whatever reason, it did seem to want to do an uninstall and reinstall.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 358

Jump to solution

As I stated earlier, I have brought this up as a Topic' to discuss today.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Also I might add that the 'New Installer' is currently being enhanced, and should be available soon.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 358

Jump to solution

teapot wrote:

If this is "Consumer beta software" I'll be even more ******.   Memory climbed again overnight for the 4th time such that I had to kill it in taskmanager.   All I saw was that a scan had completed.

I have the Total Protection consumer product on windows 10 and sure didn't agree to any beta stuff.   Renewed by license earlier in January but previously also had Total Protection last year.   For whatever reason, it did seem to want to do an uninstall and reinstall.

The mention of Beta products was only in passing.   Merely to explain why I didn't see the same things happening on mine.

They have a totally separate support and not open for discussions on the main board.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 358

Jump to solution

Peter,

Now that you are on the same Version/Build, can you reproduce/replicate the same issue, like others have?

Thanks

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 358

Jump to solution

Since reinstallation, I only have that version in Win 7, not Win 10 as above.

It's using around 22mb of memory but no CPU.  At that level it doesn't concern me at all.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks Mate

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 358

Jump to solution

I just got off the weekly Conference Call, and we discussed this issue with our Resident Forum Tier 2.5 Technician. It does not seem to occur on Windows 7 Sp1 ( I run as well). We were informed that he will monitor (Windows 10 x64) his Lab machine in a effort to replicate.

Selvan to check if this is reproducible on the lab machine. If not gather logs from the poster for starting investigation

He will update us on his findings.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
lotty
Contributor
Message 18 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks for you efforts to pursue a root cause and solution.

This morning when i first logged on to my PC the AnalyticsService / ClientAnalyticsService .. was 2GB size .. by far the largest process memory footprint. Really makes other apps misbehave in terms of performance.

What i have started to do is just end task on this process in the task manager process tab. The service immediately restarts itself and I have not noticed any further side affects from the end task.

As side note i do see similar behavior on 2 other PCs I have with exact same hardware .. W10 x64 16 GBram  i7 SSD and same setup relative to mcafee. On all PCs the AnalyticsService / ClientAnalyticsService process memory use runs higher than the mcafee scanner service process .. my recollection prior to this behavior is the mcafee scanner only mcafee process at top of memory stack  

If i was forced to guess at root cause i would say some issue with services like exchange and or network drives that have lots of ongoing I/O ... with the service not releasing shared memory.

Just a guess.

lotty
Contributor
Message 19 of 358

Jump to solution

Update Day 4 of my current uptime on my PC since last reboot

For part 3 mornings when I first login to my PC the AnalyticsService / ClientAnalyticsService is  2GB or so and PC not behaving and i just end task go on about my business .. the PC resumes a functional state but i can tell its not completely normal  

This morning, Day 4 of uptime, the PC was in full grasp of low memory at login .. first check the task manager process is 2GB and i ended task. However this time this PC did not recover and many apps were not responding normally. So i power-cycled but the PC hung on the shutdown and I have to force a power off. This is first time i have had to forced a power off in this manner. My take is the hung shutdown is related to this problem.  The PC comes backup and once it stabilizes i do another regular power cycle / reboot to make sure no lingering or immediate issues. . This power cycle completely normal and PC is running normally for first time in days.

I guess i will start rebooting every couple days until the root issue is determined and a fix is rolled out.

The feel of this echos a previous McAfee memory leak that i had to manage through. The would take down my PC about every 4 days.  Link to this issue below

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 358

Jump to solution

As I mentioned earlier, the Technician is trying to replicate this on his Lab Machine. He may very well need to reach out to individuals whom are experiencing this issue. Simply meaning to resolve this he may have to 'Gather Logs', would you be interested in allowing him to do so?

​  Could you kindly read this thread?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community