Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teapot
Contributor
Message 101 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

I bring uninstall up because whatever got pushed to my machine the other day made this so much worse and not sure if this was this new "installer" or not or if in any way related to this.   But it's all bad timing.  

Am thinking that whatever was hanging my browser, etc is hanging the uninstall as well.    Last night I tried uninstall and it took forever to even start.    Not sure if the architecture is still the same but almost like the filter driver process wasn't  communicating back and having to time out on everything.  But uninstall did  eventually start.   My machine went to hibernate 30 minutes later, saw that and it hadn't finished.  Changed the power setting to wait 2 hours, well, didn't finish after  2 hours.    Now changed power to "never sleep".   Will let it sit during the day but my guess is that whatever it's waiting on will never clear.   And is probably the same thing that's getting hung by the browser that we all are seeing.

I don't see too many things that I can directly associate with McAfee still in taskmanager except "McAfee UI Host" which I'm guessing is the uninstall process itself.   So am guessing it's waiting on some OS thread it's hooked to exit to proceed and I doubt that will ever happen but will give it today and then guess I'll have to try disabling every service still registered and reboot and "try again".   Looking at the install directory, I see lots of files still there so am guessing it's not even gotten to removing things.

Now simply saying:

McAfee Total Protection: In Progress

WebAdvisor:

(aka hasn't gotten to web advisor yet even)

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 102 of 358

Jump to solution

If I may ask, have you removed any 'Registry entries'manually? It is abnormal for it to take this long by a longshot. I would use the McAfee Product removal Tool that I inserted, after removing your McAfee software following the routine Windows method through your Control panel/Programs and Features.

Please update your results...

Thanks,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
imagika
Former Member
Message 103 of 358

Jump to solution

Im a Mcafee user too and im having the same problem with the anayltics.  I disabled it for now but would sure like to know when the fix is coming ... that way i can turn it back on.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 104 of 358

Jump to solution

Could you kindly apprise us if you were capable of (Removing) your software by following my suggestions?

Cliff/Catdaddy said;

(If I may ask, have you removed any 'Registry entries'manually? It is abnormal for it to take this long by a longshot. I would use the McAfee Product removal Tool that I inserted, after removing your McAfee software following the routine Windows method through your Control panel/Programs and Features.)

Thank you in advance

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
teapot
Contributor
Message 105 of 358

Jump to solution

8 hours later, still has not uninstalled.   And no, I did not remove any registry items.

Finally killed the UI via the GU....

Here's what still shows in control panel services uninstalled.   This uninstall cleanup thing looks kind of weird to me but maybe it's normal...

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 106 of 358

Jump to solution

Did you try the (mcpr tool) as recommended?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
teapot
Contributor
Message 107 of 358

Jump to solution

Just downloaded it and will be my next task.    Remove is no longer available from either the start menu (mcafee icon now gone from there) and it's not in add/remove programs either.   So I guess it's my only choice.

Should I reboot first or go at it in this state?   Any uninstall logs anywhere that you might want to see before they might get removed by this tool?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 108 of 358

Jump to solution

You can simply use the tool, it should state 'Clean-up' successful after running. Restart if asked to do so .

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
spaatz
Former Member
Message 109 of 358

Jump to solution

AnalyticsSDK taking up 11GB of RAM on my machine.  Have to kill the process to regain control over my computer regularly.

Recently reinstalled McAfee All Access Total Protection and Chrome Dev Build Browser which appears to be related.  Only seems to crash with Chrome running.

Would be happy to provide information if you still need it, otherwise, am just going to follow this thread.

alli1958
Former Member
Message 110 of 358

Jump to solution

I also thought this was Chrome specific. I uninstalled Chrome and ran fine for 4 days on Edge but since yesterday I have been having the same issue on Edge.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community