Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlinch
Former Member
Message 21 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

catdaddy wrote:

As I mentioned earlier, the Technician is trying to replicate this on his Lab Machine. He may very well need to reach out to individuals whom are experiencing this issue. Simply meaning to resolve this he may have to 'Gather Logs', would you be interested in allowing him to do so?

I am having the same issue on one of my machines. More than happy to assist the Techs with any logs they need.

ctc911ctc
Former Member
Message 22 of 358

Jump to solution

Another member of the +1G footprint club!

spersels
Contributor
Message 23 of 358

Jump to solution

Just noticed this today.   ClientAnalyticsService was taking up 10GB of memory (out of 32).   Killed the process and in 5 min it was up to 18MB.   Now, 20 minutes later it's at 140MB.

I'm going to disable the service until this is fixed.

Strange though, I've been running this SW for a long time and haven't seen this before.  Was there a recent update that occurred?  I don't recall updating the SW recently.   Perhaps some recent rules changes uncovered a latent issue.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 358

Jump to solution

Please read post #20

Thanks

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 25 of 358

Jump to solution

Thank you so much   I will pass this on to

All the Best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
lotty
Contributor
Message 26 of 358

Jump to solution

After a fresh reboot the AnalyticsService / ClientAnalyticsService process has made a quick and aggressive return.

The suggestion to disable the service is an option but I would need to have specific guidance from McAfee as to how this would affect  the overall AV / Malware functionality.

McAfee expert please comment 

azbob
Former Member
Message 27 of 358

Jump to solution

same problem. Here is my system info if it might help, came preloaded with McAfee, I updated immediately then on 1/14 the browsers started crashing so I deleted the McAfee software and reloaded. On 1/16/2017 I noticed the AnalyticsSDK file hit 1.9 mb. Think it may have something to do with HP. Hope the info helps.

McAfee Total Protection

Version: 14.0

Release Name: 14.0 R12

Date: 1/14/2017

Preloaded: 7/26/2016

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version: 15.3

Build 15.3.3061

Affld: 1194

Language: en-us

Last Update: 1/14/2017

HP Pavilion 510-a 010

Windows 10 Home

RAM: 16.0 gb

Processor: amd a8-7410

System: 64-bit

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 28 of 358

Jump to solution

Thank you , I will bring it to the Technician/Engineer,s attention.

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
azbob
Former Member
Message 29 of 358

Jump to solution

have additional info:

Yesterday the McAfee getsusp scanner found this suspicious file.

C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\8snbenuf.default-1484533222498\cache2\entries\6C29E4D0CE23E28EF7BDDDA4140C33635BD40EDB ... is Suspicious !!!

Today I disabled the clientanalyticsservice file and the suspicious file disappeared.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 358

Jump to solution

​,

You can follow these instructions to determine if the file is safe or not, and ease your concerns.

You can click on the Suspicious files (one by one) MD5 which would open the VirusTotal Scan results page for that specific file. Based on the detection ratio you can identify if the file is safe or not. Similarly you can identify for Unknown files too.

getsusp.png

Hope this helps...

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community