cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 331 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

I do not know when the fix for both issues will be released. the memory issue fix as I said is on hold due to issues such as the cpu issue. As soon as any mod finds out anything we will post in both threads

I would assume there will be a post from McAfee techs here telling what to do. I would assume it will mention if update restarts the service.

olegr
Former Member
Message 332 of 358

Jump to solution

Just was on line with McAffe engineer. He told me everything is ready. I have a chance to test it on my PC.

Peacekeeper
Message 333 of 358

Jump to solution

Memory leak yes  Cpu issue no. as far as we understand. Some with the fix will get the CPU issue.

olegr
Former Member
Message 334 of 358

Jump to solution

I just had long discussion with a member of McAfee engineering team. I would like to share some its points. I hope I will not uncover any McAfee internal secret.

1. The source of the problem is mostly known to McAfee staff.

2. The problem may cause several issues, one of them is when your browser hangs (and your computer looses its access to Internet), another is high CPU use. (Other issues may be a side effect of the first two - it is my guess. If you do not see high CPU consumption in your Task Manager, it does not mean it did not happen for a short period of time.)

3. McAffe staff is now working on the best way to resolve the issue in software and they are now close to the finish of their job.

4. As soon they finish the job, new revision of McAffe will be issued.

5. While you are working on current revision, disable ClientAnalyticsService. It will not compromise your system security (much). If you see it enabled (sometimes it could happen because of some reasons), disable it again. How to disable it, explained several times in this thread.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 335 of 358

Jump to solution

​,

Thank  you for your input

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jpribe
Contributor
Message 336 of 358

Jump to solution

Does it look like this? Any ideas on a fix?

mcaffee analytics out of control.PNG

olegr
Former Member
Message 337 of 358

Jump to solution

Open up the Windows Start Screen or Start Menu, type in services.msc and hit the Enter key to bring up the Services panel. Double-click on ClientAnalytics, and change the drop-down to Disabled. Reboot your computer. It should not compromise your computer security. Then wait while McAffe issues the new revision of its software.

jpribe
Contributor
Message 338 of 358

Jump to solution

Cool, disable the service. Thank you.

...off to figure out what this is supposed to do, and wondering to myself why it is included with the software if it isn't providing some level of security...

truffle
Contributor III
Message 339 of 358

Jump to solution

"Open up the Windows Start Screen or Start Menu, type in services.msc and hit the Enter key to bring up the Services panel. Double-click on ClientAnalytics, and change the drop-down to Disabled. Reboot your computer. It should not compromise your computer security. Then wait while McAffe issues the new revision of its software."

Then you MUST restart the PC.  Disabled is under the "startup type" column.  This means it takes effect at startup.

Peacekeeper
Message 340 of 358

Jump to solution

Ok thread too long to notice I mentioned several times what teh service does.

It reports on the health of the installed Mcafee products. That is all it does no peeking at your private stuff. That from Dougk_t3 the manager your is overseeing the fix. Disabling the service does not affect the security of your PC.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community