Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
truffle
Contributor III
Message 321 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

I just got updated to 14.0 R12.  At R11 the process mcclientanalytics.exe would start and stop,  Did not have the service clientanalytics at all.  After R12 was installed, I now have the service clientanalytics, which also starts and stops at the same times as the process mcclientanalytics.exe.   I have a WIN7 machine.  Mcafee bought from Dell.  No issues so far.  Mcclientanalytics.exe is now at version 2.1.136.0.

Peacekeeper
Message 322 of 358

Jump to solution

This version of the file is the non fixed one. Best to disable the service if it has an issue. McAfee is working on final fix

user_93663
Former Member
Message 323 of 358

Jump to solution

Hi - thanks for your post.  I have the same problem.  I disabled my client analaytics in services.msc (Win7/SP1, 64 bit, Ultimate).  I called tech support at McAfee and was told they were aware of the problem.  My call was primarily to find out the effect of disabling the client analytics service from the services.msc list of services, and now I do not recall how to turn it back on.  But, more to the point, I was told in a phone call on 8 Feb that McAfee would call me back to let me know when a fix was issued for the problem.  I have not yet received a call, so I am assuming none was issued.  I was not experiencing widespread computer failure -- I have 32GB of RAM installed, so eating so much memory was probably not what was happening, but I noticed the problem in Windows Action Center as multiple instances every day of "analyticsSDK" having stopped working.  Disabling it has remedied that problem, and I was told this service had to do with the internet traffic that is observable as a graph in the Security Report (near the bottom of that page).  With that service disabled, that graph no longer comes up when I click on Security Report from the main window of Total Protection, Overview, Traffic Monitor.  But, it is a feature I rarely used, so it doesn't make much of a difference either way.  Still, inasmuch as I am paying for whatever comes with the software, I like to have the ability to use it, unless they simply remove it.  In any case, I BELIEVE that the opposite of disabling the client analytics service (McAnalytics.exe) is simply clicking on Client Analytics and then Properties and setting it to Manual, rather than Disabled.  Those who claimed they could not disable it, perhaps did not attempt to restart the computer after clicking APPLY, OK and closing the windows, and then restarting the computer.  I have read it does not actually get disabled until that is done.  Can you kindly confirm that "MANUAL" is the correct setting for client analytics in services.msc?  Also, any news as to whether an update is coming any time soon?  Thanks, again.

user_93663
Former Member
Message 324 of 358

Jump to solution

Sorry this is late, but just joined and saw your post.  Did you try to restart the compter immediately after disabling ClientAnalytics?  Did you disable it from Local Services in services.msc?  I have win7/SP1, 64bit, ultimate -- and that is how we Win7/SP1 users with that Win7 version disable the McAfee Analytics.exe file, known as mcanalytics.exe (or at least it was when I disabled mine).  You MUST restart your computer for the disabling instruction to take affect.  At least, that is what I was told and that is what I did, and I know it is disabled on my two computers after many new updates and restarts since I disabled it back on February 8th.  By the way, any news on when a new up date is expected?  Thanks.

user_93663
Former Member
Message 325 of 358

Jump to solution

Is there actually a "fixed" version, whether final OR temporary, and if so, when was it released, if you know?  Also, was it released to the general public?  Is it still available from the McAfee Website for those with valid license subscriptions?  Thank you for any info on this.

olegr
Former Member
Message 326 of 358

Jump to solution

> Can you kindly confirm that "MANUAL" is the correct setting

If you would like to use workaround the issue, it is not correct. As I understand, "manual" is default setting. If you do not want the service to appear again and compromise your system, set it to "disabled".

olegr
Former Member
Message 327 of 358

Jump to solution

> Is there actually a "fixed" version

To the best of my knowledge, it is not yet. Just disable the service.

user_93663
Former Member
Message 328 of 358

Jump to solution

This IS the correct way to disable the ClientAnalytics service, at least on a Win 7/SP1 64 bit Ultimate system.  Don't forget the step of rebooting the computer AFTER disabling the service.  Otherwise, it may NOT hold, and the problem likely will continue.

user_93663
Former Member
Message 329 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks for your post.  Do you know if, after the fix is released, we should change the service Properties setting back to Manual?  Or, will the update take care of that (if you know)??

Thank you. ! !

user_93663
Former Member
Message 330 of 358

Jump to solution

Yes, sorry I was less than clear, but I was referring to the starting (default) position, if one assumes that a fix will be, or has been, released, and the user will need to reset the properties of ClientAnalytics back to its starting or default position.  That is what I meant.  Sorry and thanks for your input.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community