cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 281 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution
" Client Analytics monitors the health of the McAfee installation".

We do not monitor any other part of the system - either Windows itself or the customer's data or activities. We monitor only McAfee. Period.

This Just for your information as I found out what the service does

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 282 of 358

Jump to solution

Actually that is what we thought to be all along. However now is confirmed.

Thanks PK.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
olegr
Former Member
Message 283 of 358

Jump to solution

Thank you. To be honest, I am confused. Considering the outcome...))

luggebruize
Contributor
Message 284 of 358

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem.

System details:
-Windows 10 - 64 bit
-32 GB ram
-256GB MVM M.2 SSD
-McAfee All Access - Internet Security

Symptoms:
-I lose connection to the internet periodically
-sometimes applications are being shut down by windows due to high memory use.
-windows regularly complains about high memory use (low virtual memory)

When troubleshooting the memory problems, I noticed that not only did McClientAnalytics.exe use a lot of memory - more than 1GB - it also had reserved 31 GB of the virtual memory...

Inspecting the McClientAnalytics.exe file in the ClientAnalytics folder, I found it to be version 1.5.108.0 - while the version in Legacy folder was 2.1.136.0 as of today February 11th 2017.

I have updated my McAfee software throught the client several times in the recent days, but so far the only fix was to stop the service.

I would really appreciate to be kept up to date on information about this issue.

johnbel
Contributor
Message 285 of 358

Jump to solution

My original McClientSDK problem was excessive CPU usage . I am running Exployer , not Chrome as many of you are. Problem went away when I uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee Total, but returned after a week. I uninstalled McAfee Total software and all is well; except for reduced protection   At least I have a functioning system using Windows Defender . McAfee needed to address these McClient SDK issues.

Peacekeeper
Message 286 of 358

Jump to solution

You do not have the fix you need 2.1.167.0 version of the files (McClientAnalytics.dll and McClientAnalytics.exe files)

It may be who you have got youtr Mcafee through partners like ISPs or PC manufacturers can delay patches till they are ready. A full uninstall reinstall might get it though you might still hit this hold up.

Uninstall McAfee software

You both can try to disable the ClientAnalyticsService. Go to services, right-click on ClientAnalyticsSerivce. Select Properties. Change Startup type to Disabled. Click OK, and reboot. That is if   you reinstall.

olegr
Former Member
Message 287 of 358

Jump to solution

It is strange. McClientAnalytics.exe file should not be located in ClientAnalytics folder, Legacy folder only.

You could try to remove your McAfee software with McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR) http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp. You might check if McClientAnalytics.exe is still in the ClientAnalytics folder after MCPR finished its job. Then download and install your McAfee again.

DISCLAIMER. I am not a McAfee representative. If you choose to follow my advice, do it at your own risk.

olegr
Former Member
Message 288 of 358

Jump to solution

> I am running Exployer, not Chrome as many of you are

I reproduced the issue on Internet Explorer and Edge too. On clean PC with just McAfee installed.

johnbel
Contributor
Message 289 of 358

Jump to solution

AS noted earlier, the only solution I have found was to uninstall McAfee.  It doesn't uninstall easy. Based on a recommendation from Windymiller, I let the windows uninstall proceed until it seems to stall, at which point force a system restart  but problem of high CPU usage with a power button.  Both times I this process worked to remove McAfee and McClientSDK.  The first time I reinstalled McAfee but the high CPU problem returned in a week.  The last uninstall was yesterday and I plan on keeping McAfee off the system until a clean version is available

spiritorb
Contributor
Message 290 of 358

Jump to solution

I, too have had the issue with Analytics SDK. I am on Windows 8.1 64 bit, using Google Chrome as my browser of choice. I was able to disable the Analytics SDK process successfully, and since doing so, have had no further recurrence of the lock up. I will leave this process disabled for now, until either a patch is issued, or my version is automatically upgraded to v. 15.0. Just wondering what the delay is in upgrading to v. 15.0? In addition, since I am a subscriber, will I be automatically upgraded or do I need to re- and re Mcafee AV plus? Perhaps one of the Mods. could answer this? 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community