Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 261 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

​,

Thank you for your kind/considerate/informative invaluable input. Both my Colleague Peacekeeper and I are indeed (Volunteer Moderators) as I thought I had made abundantly clear early on when I was involved gathering information, and compiling names of users to provide our Technicians/Engineers with. In a effort to resolve this ongoing issue.

We indeed take our personal time to share our knowledge of McAfee Products,and have done so for many years. It is a 'Breath of Fresh Air' to hear from you/others that you  are appreciative. I hope that the existing issue which exists with other users are eventually resolved. We will continue to monitor the threads,and report our findings weekly on our Conference Calls.

I personally would like to thank you for allowing Technical Support to take personal Logs,and continuing to offer Positive/Constructive input.

Now having said this, I will step back once again,and allow the Technicians/Engineers to follow up as needed.

Sincerely,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
windymiller
Contributor
Message 262 of 358

Jump to solution

truffle - Win8.1 here.

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 263 of 358

Jump to solution

- in addition to my earlier reply. Checking the list of programs in Control Panel I discovered that McAfee Internet Security version 14.0.3061 was installed on my PC on the 2nd February. This was 2 days before the problem with AnalyticalSDK first appeared.

imagika
Former Member
Message 264 of 358

Jump to solution

Ok i thought it was fixed browsing and it was ... There is a new problem now .  Every once in awhile the client analytic will climb in cpu usage and sometimes lock up computer .  It dosent seem like a memory leak anymore but it will climb sometimes and lock up cpu when opening chrome.  Also i have been getting these ---

The activation of the CLSID {E782BE15-9936-4A7F-8DF9-9AB95D229DF1} timed out waiting for the service ClientAnalyticsService to stop.

That will pop up every 2 hours or so along with the problem of the cpu usuage somtimes climbing.  I woke up this morning with over 150 errors of the line above so i dont know what's going on.  Am going to disable it till i hear some news or something.

Forgot to add that i've also been getting these -

Faulting application name: McClientAnalytics.exe, version: 2.1.167.0, time stamp: 0x588a7549

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x5825887f

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x00000000000f8283

Faulting process id: 0x27fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d28108973e47fc

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics\Legacy\McClientAnalytics.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 92253036-8801-4408-9798-b158a2c9191b

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Peacekeeper
Message 265 of 358

Jump to solution

OK Anyone with the Cpu issue can you please start a new thread. I have passed this issue up the line and they need a new thread to separate this from the memory issue.

I have found out that

Mcafee have an idea why this is happening and have asked Selvan to contact users with the CPU issue to gather logs. That is why we need a new thread so first in start one and if you have the CPU issue join the thread please.

It is not a windows issue though seems more win10 users have it and I for 1 am unsure why. It does not happen in 15.1 but that 6 weeks or more away.

So can you please post in a new thread but anyone not with the CPU issue but with the fix and happy still let us know here.

As CD said we are users here helping out in our own time and unpaid. We do have access to high level support and the labs.

Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 266 of 358

Jump to solution

Being lazy I did not read all 27 pages of replies and techno-jargon that I don't understand.

BUT someone replied it might be a Google problem. So I uninstalled Chrome and all is right with the world.

I installed Chrome weeks ago but only today did I have the problem with Analytics SDK blocking all access to internet and mail.

imagika
Former Member
Message 267 of 358

Jump to solution

I moved my question to the thread.

CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

I hope that's what i was supposed to do after reading your reply!.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 268 of 358

Jump to solution

You were correct in doing so..Thanks

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 269 of 358

Jump to solution

Taa muchly

To note new thread please Selvan can you chase up logs when you have time please

wiu
Contributor
Message 270 of 358

Jump to solution

This is still a major issue for me.  At this point, my laptop (Win 8.1) is useless.  Sometimes it will run for an hour or so before losing internet, Chrome and other web browsers freezing or refusing to open.  Sometimes a few minutes is all it takes.  It's not even working after restarting sometimes now.  The problem actually seems to be getting worse, not better.  I'm not a particularly tech savvy kind of chap, so a lot of the more technical stuff above means absolutely nothing to me.  It may as well be written in Japanese or something.  I really don't understand how you can release this version knowing there's a major issue.  Can't you roll back to a previous version or something? 

So yeah, at this point, does anyone at Mcafee have any idea when this is going to be sorted?  If you can't give that, then how do I uninstall Mcafee completely so I can at least use this laptop again and try to get a refund for this broken product.  Annoying that I literally renewed my subscription for 2 years a week ago.  I actually thought this laptop was on its way out.  After googling the issue and the task manager culprits, I was seriously pi**ed to find it was actually Mcafee causing all the trouble!!  Had I known, I would of stopped my subscription after 10+ years.

Any other product with critical issues like this would be pulled from the market.  As it's software though, we are expected to wait patiently and act as beta testers in the meantime.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community