Jump to solution

Thank you for the confirmation Sanjay

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 142 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

As soon as we mods find out one of us will post it here.

user_138440
Former Member
Message 143 of 358

Jump to solution

Quickest Temporary Solution - As others have noted, disable ClientAnalyticsService. Go to services, right-click on ClientAnalyticsSerivce. Select Properties. Change Startup type to Disabled. Click OK, and reboot. Problem solved.

I have done this on two laptops. You may need to force a reboot by holding down the power button until the laptop turns off. The ClientAnalyticsService was hanging with the message 'Stopping', but it would never stop. After rebooting, the service will be disabled and your web browser problem will be gone.

indigorayne
Former Member
Message 144 of 358

Jump to solution

Just curious, will you be contacting any of the internet providers who offer your product as a way to assist them when attempting to help their customers dealing with this issue and believing it is somehow related to their internet provider?

I was only curious after disabling the service and finding the fix worked I did call Spectrum and let them know of the solution just in case I'm not their only customer that has been driving them crazy with the issue... They reminded me that they provide McAfee to customers and said that information is very useful.

radiated
Contributor
Message 145 of 358

Jump to solution

I am experiencing this same problem and I am running W8.1.   Just renewed my McAfee total protection during second week of Jan.  How do I disable this AnalyticSDK in W8.1????  Your help will be very much appreciated.

Peacekeeper
Message 146 of 358

Jump to solution

I assume win8.1 similar to the several posts above that explain how for win 10

namely

The best workaround to stop this behaviour is to turn off/disable the Client Analytics Service that I believe was referenced much earlier in this thread.

To do this,

1. open services.msc
  2. find "ClientAnalyticsService" in the list.
  3. double-click to open the properties
  4. in the Startup type drop down list, select Disabled

reboot

radiated
Contributor
Message 147 of 358

Jump to solution

OK lets pretend I don't know  anything about computers.  When you say open up Client Analytical services, HOW?  If I right mouse click on it in the task manager I can go to the program location but when I right mouse click on that program and bring up the dialogue box I do not get an option to disable anything.    I was thinking about changing the program name so it couldn't be found and disabling it that way????? 

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 148 of 358

Jump to solution

Simply open your Task Manager/click on Services/Services again and it should display the running state in which is currently set. Select process and disable/close task Manger.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
radiated
Contributor
Message 149 of 358

Jump to solution

So  the window below is showing what you are talking about?

Just change to disable and apply and OK and my problems should be solved?

Will I need to undo this at some point in the future and will I still be protected from bad actors out there?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 150 of 358

Jump to solution

Yes you should still remain protected. There is also a (Fix) for this issue as mentioned earlier in the thread being tested as we speak. Hopefully it will resolve this issue,and will be released Globally .

The suggested work-aroud was provided by a Senior Level Engineer.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community