Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teapot
Contributor
Message 131 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

I got that email also but the post seems to have been removed with that suggestion.

My removal left a mcafee service running (installed in my user data directory which is a silly place to install a service) which isn't cleaned up by ANY of their programs.     I've gotten no advice on how to get rid it of it or if they are going to make a fix to clean it up in their removal program.    Not sure what installed that but I only saw it after the regular uninstall never completed after over 8 hours of chugging.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 132 of 358

Jump to solution

Just to clarify my thinking? Have you re-installed your McAfee Software? If that is the case, then follow the normal procedure of going to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/select your McAfee Products/Uninstall/Restart. (Note:) Before doing so, you can right click on your McAfee Icon in your lower tray by the clock. Open your McAfee Security Center/Navigation/General Settings and Alerts/Access Protection/Expand/uncheck it/ click apply/close your UI and proceed to follow those steps above.

Then follow up with downloading the latest McAfee Product Removal Tool  MCPR  run it and restart if asked to.

Proceed to go to your account and Download/Re-install.

Having said this, you will most likely still have the issue, until you follow the suggestions Doug gave in (Post #127)

I might add that I advise to avoid any type of (Registry Cleaners)  at all costs. For they will eventually cause more harm than good.

As Doug stated there is a (Fix) that is going to be tested.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
indigorayne
Former Member
Message 133 of 358

Jump to solution

Thank God I am not the only person having issues with this. Since windows Updates rolled out my bandwidth seems to be drained. I am not losing connection at all,  webpages just do not load they turn white with that loading circle at the top. I assumed this was windows updates since it started instantly as soon as Mcafee asked me to allow the flashplayer update. I have restored the pc several times since the updates, but windows keeps reinstalling them on me.  I have called the cable company a good 50 times over this issue and blamed everything else on the network for my woes...

I have uninstalled reinstalled network drivers, updated them ran all the commands resetting the tcp stack nothing is a permanent solution. I have reset the network a hundred times, I have reset the pc and even done a clean install nothing stops this.

I noticed this new thing in task manager over 2Gbs of memory consumed and attempted to end the task and wouldn't you know my web pages loaded instantly. This fix is only very temporary too, after stopping the service the first time it does not take long before I am no longer to load pages again while it's only holding far less memory, it will only allow me to stop this service a total of 3 times, if I want to check my email or browse I must reboot the laptop constantly.

I have left feedback over and over for Microsoft over this issue providing them screenshots of this memory hogging AnalyticsSDK. Is there a fix on the way at all?

Also like to point out attempting to open McAfee only works when I do not have a web browser open and this service never appears in task manager unless I have a browser open. If I try to open McAfee when I am online not a thing happens then 30 minutes later I see a pop up about a script not responding asking me if I would like to kill the process otherwise it will cause the system to lag.

indigorayne
Former Member
Message 134 of 358

Jump to solution

I would gladly test I have been suffering for over 2 weeks because of this thing - I would also like to point out again that this issue started for me as soon as the windows update for flash player. When I would restore the system it was fine everytime until windows forced the updates on me again. When I reset the the system and went to adobe.com and downloaded the latest flash player, it started again.

So from my point of view, my experiences since January 11th my issue seems to be flash related?

Peacekeeper
Message 135 of 358

Jump to solution

Is there a fix on the way at all?

read post 125 please.

Re other questions/comments will leave those to a tech to answer. Things probably will improve once fix in so better to wait till then. You can do the workaround mentioned in a few posts above. the flash comment is new.

olegr
Former Member
Message 136 of 358

Jump to solution

@indigorayne You could try workaround from the message #127. It works for me. Just one more note: do it just after reboot, otherwise you probably cannot follow the advice.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 137 of 358

Jump to solution

It is my understanding that the (Fix) has been released to the Tier 2.5 Techs. Everyone concerned please expect to be contacted in order for the Technicians/Engineers to apply the fix. Please update us in the thread of your results afterwards.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
erom43
Former Member
Message 138 of 358

Jump to solution

I just spent two hours on the phone with Mcafee rep, and ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Total Protection.  Running OK after 15 minutes, but we shall see.  He would never acknowledge there was any problem with the program or updates.  BTW, my problem was similar to others, on both desktop and laptop that have W10 and Total Protection.  Problem started about three weeks ago with Chrome freezing up, and unable to shut down completely, even with task manager.  Edge was same problem.  AnalyticsSDK memory usage would start relatively low and then get up over 500MB, with Mcafee scanner service in second place at 155MB.  Will update with more info.

Follow up:  After about an hour and a half, Chrome stopped responding again.  However, this time only briefly, about five minutes.  Checking task manager, memory use was over 75% when it froze, and I'm using it now and it's down to 54%.  Not sure what is causing the changes.  I'm now trying to monitor the memory use, and keep only a few tabs open at the same time.

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 139 of 358

Jump to solution

Hi All,

As mentioned earlier by ​ private message has been sent to the below listed users to test the hot fix.

1. @csmicfool
  2. @germc
  3. @cap'n_awesome
  4. @skeown

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
imagika
Former Member
Message 140 of 358

Jump to solution

Once they test it and we know if it works will you let us know here if mcafee will update it through the update center.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community