Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roy_soumya
Former Member
Message 31 of 38

Re: After update PC is slow

Thank you Edwin for your reply.

I do not see any such component to disable.

Another point is if I turn off Mcafee Real Time Scanning, my PC's performance is back to normal.

Not sure - in the March 14 update, Mcafee had some problem. And they have to release another update to fix it.

Does Mcafee know about this?

Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 38

OH yes the support calls and we mods have informed them . Both issues the floppy and the slow performance have been bug reported and logs taken

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 6/04/14 6:18:30 AM
milstone
Contributor
Message 33 of 38

Yes, McAfee knows about this and has known since mid-March, but we still have no fix.

Multiple discussion threads exist for the same problem and the issue is well documented. But nothing is being done!

Peacekeeper
Message 34 of 38

Actually plenty is being done but something is stopping Mcafee getting a usable set of logs off the two PCs they tried to log. The floppy issue fix is coming out in a patch in June but will not help the slow down issue.  . As I mentioned previously in my 2 XP installs both did not exhibit the slow down and these were low level dual core cpus with 4Gb ram.

I ungraded them to win 8 mainly due to Microsoft's XP support stopping

I will reask re this in Monday's call we mods make.

milstone
Contributor
Message 35 of 38

Peacekeeper --

I sincerely appreciate your response, and I believe you when you say that McAfee is working on the problem. But a software bug that affects a significant percentage of customers' machines should be fixed in a matter of hours, not months! Lame excuses like not being able to get logs from affected machines don't cut it. Clearly, this problem has not been given a priority. I hope the coders who add new virus signatures to the daily updates don't have a two-month gap between discovery of a new virus and the date they add its signature to the distribution.

McAfee is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Intel, one of the world's richest, most advanced technology companies. They have the resources to fix buggy software, if they will just do it.  Please!

Peacekeeper
Message 36 of 38

I will ask and pass on your comments though this not getting usable logs is new to them and me in 11 years here I have never seen them fail to get usable logs. I will stir the pot.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 4/05/14 5:26:08 PM
edwink
Former Member
Message 37 of 38

Hi Peacekeeper,

Anny news on this issue?

Have not received any update since long time.

Regards,

Edwin

Peacekeeper
Message 38 of 38

Sorry  I will add this to our Monday call agenda. From what I thought the machine gun noise was fixed but they had no luck reproducing in house the slow issue or getting usable logs.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community