Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthiks
Former Member
Message 11 of 28

Re: 2013 Total Protection not activating

Jump to solution

Hi Raymond,

I have just called you in your home number but I was unable to reach you. I have sent you a private message regarding what to do for this case to get a fix, please respond so that I can help you out to fix the problem. Thanks,

karthiks
Former Member
Message 12 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi Raymond,

The McAfee is Working fine in your computer, please use my earlier post instructions to uninstall and reinstall the McAfee in your BOSS machine. Thanks,

rayathome
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi Karthik,

THANKS A MILLION for all your help, i am impressed with the level of help, the extra mile you took to sort out my problem.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Raymond

karthiks
Former Member
Message 14 of 28

Jump to solution

It’s my pleasure Raymond. Thank you so much , have a great day ahead

nigeluk
Contributor
Message 15 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi Karthik

I am having the same problem as Raymond (it tries to access the McAfee website to activate but gives up after a few minues.

Have installed and registered Total Protection 2013 on a Netbook running XP SP3, but i can't activate it on my Laptop running Windows 7 64bit.  I have uninstalled it and re-installed it 3 times and tried to register via the link you posted above but it now says that this product is already registered.  There is an 'M' icon in the icontray but it does not do anything when you either doubleclick on it or rightclick.

I had the previous version (2012) on both machines and it ran fine; however when i came to renew the renewal page was blank so I bought the CD version.

Regards

Nigel

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 28

Jump to solution

Whenyou uninstalled the old version did you follow

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

ie run MCPR after you ran the windows removal tool reboot and run

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/Mcpreinstall.exe

and reinstall from your account

nigeluk
Contributor
Message 17 of 28

Jump to solution

No, because at no point did it tell me I had to do this.  I just let it run automatically from the CD; i.e Uninstall previous verstion, reboot Laptop, install new version, enter key and then finally try and validate (this it failed to do).

nigeluk
Contributor
Message 18 of 28

Jump to solution

Ignore above.

I don't know what has happened but it has installed properly, the activation has worked and it is currently updating itself.

Regards

Nigel

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 28

Jump to solution

In this case probably a sever issue thatw as cleared up. Uninstalling it properly always the best path but if it isn't broken great. have a happy new year.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 20 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was not in office when you posted your issue, I think the McAfee is working fine as per your post. Please post me back if in case you have any problem with McAfee

Message was edited by: karthiks on 12/31/12 7:41:11 AM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community