Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayathome
Contributor
Message 1 of 28

2013 Total Protection not activating

Jump to solution

Hi, i purchased McAfee 2013 total protection,running with windows 8. The program will not allow me to activate the product, although it continually asks me to setup. Once i click on setup it proceeds to a'' activating your product '' screen, with the words'' please wait while we connect to McFee.com''  it never connects ! I have tried many times with the same result. It seems after installing the software, all i got was a 2 week trial with updates that was active. Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
karthiks
Former Member
Message 11 of 28

Re: 2013 Total Protection not activating

Jump to solution

Hi Raymond,

I have just called you in your home number but I was unable to reach you. I have sent you a private message regarding what to do for this case to get a fix, please respond so that I can help you out to fix the problem. Thanks,

View solution in original post

27 Replies
karthiks
Former Member
Message 2 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi rayathome,

Please update me the below details,

• What is the type of Internet Connection you have? Cable/DSL/Wireless
  • In how Many Computers you want to install McAfee Only one or more than one ?

Also try activating the McAfee after running the below Preinstall Tool

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

rayathome
Contributor
Message 3 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi Karthik,

I have run the preinstall tool and the results received top marks, just to let you know this is a brand new computer. I use a DSL Internet Connection connected via WLAN and is usually a stable and good connection. The software was purchased for 3 computers, however mine was the first and only so far.

Regards,

Rayathome

karthiks
Former Member
Message 4 of 28

Jump to solution

Could you please tell me what is the name of the McAfee Product Suite you have purchased ?

rayathome
Contributor
Message 5 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi Karthik,

The name of the product suite is called TOTAL PROTECTION 2013.

Regards,

Rayathome

karthiks
Former Member
Message 6 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi rayathome,

Click on the below link and enter your CD key (Activation Key ) then click on Submit. If it proceeds to the next step to login with the email address and the password continue with it or register a new account with McAfee.

http://www.mcafee.com/mtp/retailcard

Once the above is done an works, let me know so that I can provide you the rest of the steps to install the McAfee

Note: If it does not accepts the CD key check the country name and change it accordingly then try again

rayathome
Contributor
Message 7 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for that link, it accepted the product key along with my country name, however it then loaded a page prompting me to open a account for purchasing McFee products, i declined and closed the page. Now waiting for futher instructions from you.

Regards

Rayathome

karthiks
Former Member
Message 8 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi rayathome,

Could you please send me your product key, your country name and the email address you want to register with McAfee via private message, so that I can validate and give you the update.

Click on my user name Karthiks and click on send private message which is in the right side of my profile page

Send me the details so that I can take the necessary step. Thanks,

Also let me know did you get any login screen to enter the credentials after you submitted the product key by following the link I posted earlier.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 9 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi Raymond,

As we discussed please check with the respective owner of the email address (your boss) and get the password . You need to uninstall and reinstall the McAfee to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the below instructions to reinstall the McAfee.

Run the below McAfee removal tool to remove the McAfee

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Restart the completer once the removal is complete

CLICK HERE   

Enter the email address and the password

Click on Device Protection

Check for the McAfee Total Protection to download

Click on Download and accept the license agreement

Continue the On screen instructions and install the McAfee product

Please update me if you have any issues.

rayathome
Contributor
Message 10 of 28

Jump to solution

HI Karthik,

Ok, i think i have the full story now, my boss has never had or used McFee before until i purchased Total Protestion 2013. I was then the first user of the product, he then used it a couple of days after me (keeping in mind this can be used for 3 computers). He has exactly the SAME problems as me, his 2 week protection ends today, no activation possible, he has never created a account at McFee so has no account email or password to log into. What do we do now ?

Regards

Raymond

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community