cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patricialouise
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Your computer has been disabled using Intel(R) Anti-Theft Technology due to: Platform Attack detected

Jump to solution

My Dell laptop has been disabled for days now and even Intel, McAfee and Dell cannot help. It had an issue right after having a windows update. It just won't boot or go into SafeMode. I tried removing/reseating CMOS Battery removing the HDD. My laptop has been disabled right after. Does anyone know any workarounds? Thanks!

​  Hi sir, may I know if there is any solution regarding this? thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Your computer has been disabled using Intel(R) Anti-Theft Technology due to: Platform Attack detected

Jump to solution

Sorry unless you know the password you may have to replace the motherboard as Anti-theft is 2 years past End of life and support now do not have any ability to restore the laptop if you do not know the password.

How to check your Pc's enrollment status

How to unlock a PC locked by anti theft

Anti theft end of support

Maybe Dell know a default setup  but it is past McAfee Support assisting you and we mods are just helpers here.

Moved to Anti theft forum a perusal of the posts there will see others in the same boat

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Your computer has been disabled using Intel(R) Anti-Theft Technology due to: Platform Attack detected

Jump to solution

Sorry unless you know the password you may have to replace the motherboard as Anti-theft is 2 years past End of life and support now do not have any ability to restore the laptop if you do not know the password.

How to check your Pc's enrollment status

How to unlock a PC locked by anti theft

Anti theft end of support

Maybe Dell know a default setup  but it is past McAfee Support assisting you and we mods are just helpers here.

Moved to Anti theft forum a perusal of the posts there will see others in the same boat

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

See Support's answer here:

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community