Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luka68
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Intel anti theft system locked my notebook - data rescue

Hello, I have an Sony Vaio SVS 13, which I bought 2018. Now my notebook has been locked by the McAfee Software. It is a second hand notebook und bevor blocking I didn't know anything about this anti theft system. So I don't have the password to unlock the notbook (1 2 3 4 5 6 or 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 don't work) and also I do not have the Anti-Theft Account for the the webconsole. So the solutions in Document ID: TS101587 can't help me. But I need the data of my hard drive. My question is, can I remove my HDD to get my files back? Or is the hard drive also locked?

Please help me.

3 Replies
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Intel anti theft system locked my notebook - data rescue

Please follow the article  for more information on Anti Theft protection.

Unlock computer locked by Anti theft 

luka68
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply. But your link refers to the document which I mentioned in my post and which could not help me any further. My question is whether anyone knows whether the hard drive is also affected by the lock and is therefore unusable.

siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

We suggest to contact your system manufacturer to find alternative solution.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community