Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vongoh
Former Member
Message 11 of 25

Re: Re: Re: Intel Anti-Theft locked my laptop at BIOS, need assistance

Jump to solution

Hi Chinthanai,

I have a private message out to Sanjay so we can do another support call.  I am waiting a response.  Please keep the issue open

until it is resolved?  Thank you.

\

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 12 of 25

Re: Re: Re: Re: Intel Anti-Theft locked my laptop at BIOS, need assistance

Jump to solution

I can give you a callback and assist you further. Please let me know your availability today.

vongoh
Former Member
Message 13 of 25

Re: Intel Anti-Theft locked my laptop at BIOS, need assistance

Jump to solution

I missed a call this evening from Sanjay.   Can we try again for tomorrow evening? 

Let me know if 07/07/16 between 4PM - 9PM is good,  thanks.  

By the way - some things to keep in mind:

`1)  I want to know if I can try out a couple of candidate passwords on the lockout screen,  without

permanently locking myself out.   I have a good idea of what the password might be, but I did

not and do not want to make a move without knowing for sure what will happen.

2)  Remember:  we pulled the CMOS battery in order to reset a corrupt BIOs.   Did anyone on your end

find out whether or not the process will either a)  Continue and reset the BIOs  or b)  Bring me back

in a circle back to the original corrupt BIOs. 

I suppose we will find out when we try the password  or your method of getting past the screen .. but it

is this issue that I think will determine whether or not my laptop can be salvaged or whether it will be

a piece of junk from now on.   It would be good to know going in to this

Thanks so much for your assistance,

- Josh

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 25

Jump to solution

Hi Josh,

I Have sent you a Private Message.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 25

Jump to solution

I have sent you a private message. Please contact us back if you need further assistance.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 25

Jump to solution

Please mark this thread answered since there is no pending troubleshooting from our end.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 25

Jump to solution

Done.

tecnobel
Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Jump to solution

Hello! I`m with same problem!

SmartMike42
Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Jump to solution

Hello, have a same problem with Sony SVD 1321K4RW. After cleaning the dust from inside of the laptop my Sony can't boot with same issue as a topicstarter. I have an access to mcafee's account but it don't solving the problem. Please help me with same problem!

Kuen
Contributor
Message 20 of 25

Jump to solution

Hi Mr Sanjay, I have the same problem with my Asus Ultrabook laptop. Hope you can help me get out of being locked out from my otherwise perfectly still good laptop. Thanks in advance!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community