Did you mean: 
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 50

Re: Intel Anti-Theft locked computer - ASUS Zenbook

Hi

Please contact Support and open a Service Request using the below link. You need to answer the security questions that was created while enrolling the service. Once answered successfully you will be assisted with the Unlock of the PC.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

vinvino
Level 7
Message 42 of 50

Hi Selvan - Thank you for responding. The link you sent looks just like the same route I've already followed trying to get help originally. You mention the security questions created while enrolling the service. I assume you mean when I enrolled the anti-theft software. I have a file for this computer from when we bought it including all the services and passwords ever registered on it since. This isn't mentioned anywhere in my file. I can't recall ever seeing it pop up on the computer in the 4 years we've had it. I never received an email from mcafee or from intel or from asus about this software being at the end of its support. All I know is I got a broken charging port pin repaired and now I can't get into the computer. I'll go ahead and try your suggestion again and see if can get help that way but I'm not feeling hopeful. - Peter

sanjay
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 43 of 50

Please contact Support and open a Service Request using the below link. You need to answer the security questions that was created while enrolling the service. If you are able to answer correctly, they will assist you to unlock the PC.

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

End Of Support for McAfee/Intel Anti-Theft Services

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 44 of 50

Marking this thread as 'Assumed Answered',Locking it due to no more correspondence.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
kalistera
Level 8
Message 45 of 50

Hello, I have the same issue here,also a zenbook computer in taiwan( iam not taiwanese, I do not speak chinese)
opened a ticket today with no result appart a phone toll call to Great britain ( because taiwanese office could not speak any english at the free toll call) , who said the problem comes from intel, and not mcafee...
I can get a token, I can log onto my mcafee account , I can not boot over this page or reinstall anything.
I can not remember a technology password that is supposed to be inactive since2013 and its trial....
zenbook lock.jpg

to my knowledge, only attack to this computer is me trying to connect a rj45 on a usb hub.

can anyone help ?
thank you.

https://service.mcafee.com/?articleId=TS101587&fromSearch=true&locale=en-US&page=shell&shell=article...

probably will not work the anti theft is 6 years EOL and most cannot fix it without the password.

Maybe a mod can add more but I doubt it sorry.

kalistera
Level 8
Message 47 of 50

I was expecting they would have some kind of tool ( provided by intel and made available for free) to bypass something so old useless,but so annoying, ...instead of telling  they do not care for their "locking withtout reason technology" 6 year almost after being deactivated , like it was woke up on purpose ...
easy to activate...why not so easy to deactivate...

I know been a steady stream of posts re this and what I posted all that the mods suggest sorry. Mcafee was owned by Intel back then.

kalistera
Level 8
Message 49 of 50

I will check locally if some native here can help.
the laptop did its job the last couple of year as a mobile video player.
I was planing to buy another one since its screen and wifi were also broken...I guess it reached its end.
thank you Pacekeeper!

I would have helped if I could but no one I gather has success Enjoy the new toy

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community