cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shammam
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

My laptop is Toshiba, it working nomarlly before, but today that show a black screen show "Intel anti-theft system lock due to platform attack detected",I don't know what attack for my laptop, and I didn't set any password and didn't installed  the Intel Anti-theft, And nobody have touch my laptop, what should i do can't unlock the laptop?

If need the proof of purchase, who should I provide it. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi

Support to Anti-theft Service ended 2 years back.

If your device is locked you may be able to retrieve your unlock password through the Anti-Theft web portal through the expired subscriptions link on the subscription page of My Account. Support does not have access to your password.The ability to unlock your device remains unchanged; you will need to enter your 8 character unlock password. If you are unable to remember or recover your unlock password, the Anti-Theft service will follow its design and lock the device. At this point, your only option would be to contact your computer’s manufacturer to request service - in most cases this means replacing the motherboard.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Nothing we can do, sorry.  The product reached end-of-life/end-of-support almost 3 years ago.

Your only recourse is the original owner of the machine, or the maker of it.

See

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to Anti-Theft

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hi

Support to Anti-theft Service ended 2 years back.

If your device is locked you may be able to retrieve your unlock password through the Anti-Theft web portal through the expired subscriptions link on the subscription page of My Account. Support does not have access to your password.The ability to unlock your device remains unchanged; you will need to enter your 8 character unlock password. If you are unable to remember or recover your unlock password, the Anti-Theft service will follow its design and lock the device. At this point, your only option would be to contact your computer’s manufacturer to request service - in most cases this means replacing the motherboard.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community