Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rasheed3016
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Having issues with Anti theft uninstall

Jump to solution

When i try to uninstall the Anti theft software am seeing this error.Please suggest.

screen1.jpg.bmp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 10

Re: Having issues with Anti theft uninstall

Jump to solution

Hi Abdur

I understand your concern. You need to change the settings from Web-console for complete removal of the Software. Since you had it Installed the device will be enrolled to the Service.

Even though it is a Trial try logging in to home.mcafee.com and click on Anti-theft Web console you will see the below screen

Check if you are able to see the Settings option on the right corner. You need to disable Device Tracking and Auto -lock first for complete uninstall.

If you face any difficulties proceeding with the above steps please call McAfee Anti theft Support from reply no.1 by Peter

Post back once you are able to see the Settings options..!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Someone from support patrols here at intervals and hopefully they will spot this but until they do you may want to try the dedicated Anti-Theft support line.

See this page: Intel® Anti-Theft Service Provided by McAfee

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Abdur,

Please let me know if you want to remove Anti-theft completely from your machine. Also note that mere uninstall of the application does not remove the Service completely.

rasheed3016
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

HI Selvan ,

Yes i need to completely remove AT from my system.
Regards,

Abdur Rasheed.A

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Abdur,

Were you able to sync the device with the Servers by clicking on "Sync" button in Anti-Theft Application User Interface.

If Yes login to McAfee Anti Theft Web-Console and check if you are able to see the "Settings" Options Enabled

rasheed3016
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi I had a new laptop bought a month ago and it was having AT under 1 month trial..I never used it and was trying to uninstall as it's subscription was over.

All I need is to uninstall and remove it from my start up apps and task bar.

Using ASUS win8 laptop.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Abdur

I understand your concern. You need to change the settings from Web-console for complete removal of the Software. Since you had it Installed the device will be enrolled to the Service.

Even though it is a Trial try logging in to home.mcafee.com and click on Anti-theft Web console you will see the below screen

Check if you are able to see the Settings option on the right corner. You need to disable Device Tracking and Auto -lock first for complete uninstall.

If you face any difficulties proceeding with the above steps please call McAfee Anti theft Support from reply no.1 by Peter

Post back once you are able to see the Settings options..!

Pritish
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Abdur Rasheed,

I see from the previous post that you were asked some information pertaining to the Intel Anti-theft software.

Please let us know if you are still facing the issue or is your issue resolved. Let us know if you would need further support.

Regards

Pritish P.

rasheed3016
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Pritish,

The issue is sorted now.

Pritish
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Rasheed,

Thank you for getting back to us. We are really glad to know that the issue you were facing is now resolved.

If you have any issues with McAfee in the future, please feel free to open a thread here and contact us.

Regards

Pritish P.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community