Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suryaya
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Cannot access anti-theft web console to unlock laptop

Hi,

I own a very old laptop (ASUS K56CB) that I would like to access again. However, when I turn the machine I am blocked from logging in:

AT.PNG

I did some research on the McAfee site and it seems that this AT thing is at its end of life, so I tried to follow these steps:

https://service.mcafee.com/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS101587&fromSearch=true&page=shell&shell=article...

I still have access to my old McAfee account. In the subscriptions tab it shows that my Intel Anti Theft subscription expired in 2014. The article from McAfee says the next step is to click 'Go to Web Console' so I can recover my password. However, when I try to click that I am met with this error:

WBerror.PNG

So basically I can't unlock my laptop. Can someone please help me unlock my laptop. I tried using the McAfee chat but they were useless, they just linked me to the article I have already read and then told me they can't do anything else. 

4 Replies
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cannot access anti-theft web console to unlock laptop

hello,

unfotunate Anti theft has been for some time EOL.

however in the community i found a recent post of a user that had similar problem as you encounter.

mcafee moderator replied to the posting of this member.

the posting can be found here;

Solved: McAfee Support Community - intel anti theft system lock - McAfee Support Community

could this solve your problem perhaps ?

greetings

suryaya
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

Thanks @cyberdude. Unfortunately your response is useless, if you read the thread the moderator links to the exact same article I have linked. I have already followed all the steps in that article, but I get stuck in the access web console bit because the service doesn't work. 

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Hello,

thanks for the update.

sorry to see that the article could not help you.

i found another article about EOL of Anti Theft here;

McAfee KB - How to uninstall McAfee Anti-Theft (TS101466)

IMPORTANT: McAfee Anti-Theft reached End of Life (EOL) and End of Support (EOS) on March 31, 2015. As a result, McAfee Customer Support can no longer provide you with technical support for this product. But, self-help is still available via articles in this Support Portal. You must also note that our Customer Support agents do not have access to your unlock password.

if this article is not helpfull it does not look good unfortunate.

i found another comment from a friend who is here around for long time with his response;

As the mod said  try to unlock it via those links  If no go and If a Dell etc maybe the manufacturer knows what password they used if they activated it.

Otherwise there is no way to unlock it

are you able to use the uninstall help from this document  above?

greetings

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 5

in addition i found this article also;

McAfee KB - How to remove the McAfee or Intel Anti-Theft Service (TS102246)

if this is all not helpfull maybe contacting manufacturer of laptop is last possibility to try................

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community