cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will McAfee fix the anti-spam toolbar in Windows Mail

I have read threads by several people who have had their anti-spam toolbar disappear after the latest McAfee update was loaded.  I am running Window Vista Home Premium and my anti-spam toolbar in Windows Mail also disappeared recently.  Any idea on when / how this will be fixed?  Will the fix patch be automatically downloaded during the daily updates?

7 Replies
buford
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: When will McAfee fix the anti-spam toolbar in Windows Mail

My toolbar missing also..went thru the regular procedure with Mcafee support,still not working,support pass me along too secound tier of support and i was told that they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix,i ask the tech when,and he was not sure!!!!!!!!

My antispan toolbar on outlook and the internet search results safety symbols have disappeared yesterday.  I also contacted support and went to level 2 technical support who was very helpful and removed the current version.  I had to download the program again.

I'm still not seeing the toolbar or messages next to my search.  I still have a Norton subscription for my old PCs.  The program says it's activated, but not working.  This was a free program that came with my new dell netbook.  I'm going to let Dell know about this as well.

I may just uninstall McAfee and install Norton if they don't fix soon.

Logged onto Windows Mail this morning and my anti-spam toolbar is back again.  McAfee must have updated something this morning.

Having experienced this problem with McAfee software and spending hours trying to resolve it (even to get McAfee to acknowledge that they had created the problem) will certainly weigh heavily on any decision not to renew my subscription!

Hope all others that have experienced this problem have had their toolbars returned.

okv
Level 11
Message 5 of 8

This was resolved, please check the thread: https://community.mcafee.com/message/170528#170528.

With today's update of McAfee Total Protection, my anti-spam toolbar in Windows Mail (OS is Vista Home Premium) disappeared again.  The procedures mentioned in thread #170528 were all tried; but the troolbar is still missing.

This has been a problem for some time now (toolbar disappears and then may re-appear a few days later, then disappears again!!!!) and I wonder if McAfee is really trying to do something about it.  It seems to disappear just after a McAfee update.

Has anyone discovered a sure cure?

okv
Level 11
Message 7 of 8

Please provide a version number for mskoeplg.dll under C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK.

If you installed the patch, this dll should not have updated until major release which has required fix in.

Thanks for your reply, Okv.

I didn't download the patch because it said it was for Outlook Express, not Windows Mail.  But I see from other threads that the patch also works for WinMail.  I don't know why  McAfee didn't mention that in the patch.  After I installed it, the antispam toolbox re-appeared.

My previous version of mskoeplg.dll was 11.5.140.0 dated 11-25-2010 at 156kb.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community