cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ispalten
Former Member
Message 21 of 38

Re: Thunderbird, Unresponsive Script due to McAfee Anti-Spam Add-On.

The BSOD was over a year ago. I can't find it here if I reported it here? I did call support and they re-installed but the retail product. Soon after I got BSOD, and the Event Viewer showed it caused by a McAfee file. That is all I remember now.

Very little Dell Bloatware is left, and recent systems come with very little other than a trial version of Office. Only possible needed is the Dell Support program. Others I've either deleted or make sure they don't run.

BIOS, Dell uses proprietary MBs, case even is built for that one specifically. Can't even put in a replacement MB as the rear slots are not standard nor the backplane for connections. Makes it hard to upgrade almost anything but cards. Even replacing the Power Supply so one can use a better video card means mounting it differently, and even some connectors need changing. If one wants to do that, best to buy a new case. and junk the Dell entirely other than what standard parts (RAM, drives, cards, some cables) you can scavenge from the Dell.

I'll tell you this, my wife's Dell came with N****n, and she's had no problems on here older Dell with any features. They don't have different versions though. Here PC is 2 years older than mine though.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 38

Yes, I realized that was probably not too helpful. 

I can understand your frustration.  Hopefully it'll be sorted soon.

Peacekeeper
Message 23 of 38

I am mentioning this in our mod call this morning ( my time)

ispalten
Former Member
Message 24 of 38

Thanks

Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 38

Selvan will contact you here when he has time.

Is your Mcafee LS updating ie is the engine version the same as your friend's and is it same date

ispalten
Former Member
Message 26 of 38

Yes, and the MVT output should show that, no? At least on the part sent to McAfee as I can't tell from the debug info I saved?

Only difference I saw was the AS content difference with the same install date some messages back (

macrophage
Former Member
Message 27 of 38

I have two Windows 10 machines with McAfee.  I use T-Bird on each.  I have the identical problem of an unresponsive script on both machines.  I disabled McAfee Anti-Spam in the console, but it had no effect.  Disabling the McAfee add-on allowed T-Bird to become responsive and stopped the 98% HDD usage (it's now normal).  I have an SSD on each machine, so I hope this issue didn't put too much premature wear on them.

When will this be fixed?

Peacekeeper
Message 28 of 38

Asking here for it to be fixed is not the best way . Support needs a job to refer to so you need to call them and report the issue. Is yours a Dell version?

Support

I will remind the tech that he was to visit here when he has time.

macrophage
Former Member
Message 29 of 38

Service Request number for reference: 2049251663

Peacekeeper
Message 30 of 38

Thanks awaiting tech to come on duty I am unsure what days he is on.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community