Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidJ
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Thunderbird 68 and Antispam toolbar

Jump to solution

I apologize if this is a redundant post; but I was unsuccessful in finding any comments related to this. I have Total Protection 16.0. The antispam toolbar is to work with Thunderbird. I have Thunderbird 68; and it doesn't work. I have done the uninstall/reinstall thing. I have deactivated/reactivated Thunderbird in the antispam toolbar. Nothing has been successful. Can anyone provide help on either (1) how to get this to work or (2) if it doesn't work with the new Thunderbird, when will McAfee be fixing this? Thanks much!

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
KrithikaS
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 6

Re: Thunderbird 68 and Antispam toolbar

Jump to solution

Hi @DavidJ 

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

McAfee anti-spam toolbar is not supported on Thunderbird 68.0. This issue happens because Thunderbird 68.0 handles plug-ins and extensions in a different way than previous Thunderbird versions. This change means that the McAfee Anti-Spam plug-in is not compatible with, or supported by, Thunderbird 68.0.

It will be resolved in a future update to your McAfee security software. The update will include an Anti-Spam plug-in that is compatible with Thunderbird 68.0.

Regards,

Krithika S

View solution in original post

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @DavidJ 

I didn't notice the Thunderbird version that you've mentioned.

As @KrithikaS  mentioned, Anti Spam feature is not compatible on Thunderbird Version 68.

Please go visit the McAfee Article below for more information.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello @DavidJ 

We are sorry that Anti Spam toolbar is not working fine on Thunderbird. We will help you sort out this problem.

Please let us know the Thunderbird and Operating System version.

Regards,
Madhan M 

KrithikaS
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @DavidJ 

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

McAfee anti-spam toolbar is not supported on Thunderbird 68.0. This issue happens because Thunderbird 68.0 handles plug-ins and extensions in a different way than previous Thunderbird versions. This change means that the McAfee Anti-Spam plug-in is not compatible with, or supported by, Thunderbird 68.0.

It will be resolved in a future update to your McAfee security software. The update will include an Anti-Spam plug-in that is compatible with Thunderbird 68.0.

Regards,

Krithika S

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @DavidJ 

I didn't notice the Thunderbird version that you've mentioned.

As @KrithikaS  mentioned, Anti Spam feature is not compatible on Thunderbird Version 68.

Please go visit the McAfee Article below for more information.

Regards,
Madhan M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution and give Kudos if appropriate

DavidJ
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. Either the Thunderbird choice needs to be removed from the antispam configuration until it is fixed or a disclaimer saying what you said needs to be added. That will minimize consumer frustration. Again, thank you!

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @DavidJ 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community