cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 66

Re: Thunderbird 52.0 crashes when updated, need to disable McAfee add-on. Why?

Actually Mozilla blocked the addon 3 days ago since then my TB has loaded fine just no Anti spam enabled. As CD said the Developers have this in hand and it should be addressed soon we hope.

bernied
Former Member
Message 12 of 66

I've had a number of discussions with a TB tech and there was a work around that worked for a while, but every McAfee update restored the old setup and crashes occurred again. TB has now blocked the Anti-Spam add-on. McAfee is supposedly working on a correction but we'll have to live without Anti-Spam for the time being.

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 66

I Know darn annoying as mine than same. Ieven gave up snd when reinstalling my suite left Anti spam out to save the hassle. Will ask again on our Monday call for an update.

dms26
Contributor III
Message 14 of 66

This is at least the 3d year in a row something like this has happened!!  Why doesn't McAfee work closer with Mozilla?

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 66

Sorry do not know should get an update soon was nothing yet last week

wsmwk
Former Member
Message 16 of 66

A month later. Have McAfee issued an update with the fixed addon version 3.0??

Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 66

Nope I am respiring this Monday in our call. Sorry out of this helper's hands but can still stir.

wsmwk
Former Member
Message 18 of 66

How was the "stir"??

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 66

From what we were told they have figured the issue is actually caused by Thunderbird causing the crash. This unofficial but what we were told. TB team have been contacted I gather.

Reconfirming this

wsmwk
Former Member
Message 20 of 66

> From what we were told they have figured the issue is actually caused by Thunderbird causing the crash. This unofficial but what we were told. TB team have been contacted I gather.

Then someone in McAfee gave the person you talked to bad information because

a) no one in development has told us Thunderbird is causing the crash 

b) to the contrary, we (Thunderbird) tested a fix from McAfee in mid-April that worked to stop the crashes and then

c) I heard from Kaushal Shah on May 10 that the fix would come in version 3.0 of the addon

But we are still seeing crashes, so apparently the fix hasn't come out yet. Thus my question.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community