cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 101 of 109

Thunderbird 3 and Mcafee spam

Jump to solution

The tech who looks after we mods runs TB at home. He says anti spam appears to be working  but will monitor it. It also would be nice is the others who posted here confirm if they are still having issues so we can see if this is a common issue or just with you.

Understand why you not interested in an uninstall you can keep that as a backup plan maybe

GWE
Former Member
Message 102 of 109

Jump to solution

Just an FYI-I just updated to TB 3.1.8 and it still does not work.

Peacekeeper
Message 103 of 109

Jump to solution

Try the  following

For the 2009 and 2010 versions of Anti-Spam, manually re-register the tbirdins.dll.

1.       Close Thunderbird.

2.    Open a command prompt:

o    Windows XP: Click Start, Run, type cmd.exe, and press Enter.

o    Windows Vista/7: Click the Windows orb and type cmd.exe in the search box.
Right-click command in the results window and select Run as Administrator.

3.    Type the command below and press ENTER:

cd c:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK

4.    Type the command below and press ENTER:

regsvr32 tbirdins.dll

5.    When you receive a notification that the operation completed successfully, close the command prompt window.

Launch Thunderbird to verify that the Anti-Spam toolbar is now present.

GWE
Former Member
Message 104 of 109

Jump to solution

I did this but it did not fix anything.  The anti-spam toolbar was always present it simply did not work.  Like I said the junk filter in TB is good enough. Thanks for your quick responses.

ARMPLINKER
Former Member
Message 105 of 109

Jump to solution

So far so good with this thing and TB 3.1.7 or 3.1.8.  Not sure what I am doing right but the latest MC antispam toolbar seems to operate as intended.

laxdude
Former Member
Message 106 of 109

Jump to solution

I do have one more question. When my ISP finally releases the Anti-Spam version with the fix, will I have to create a Spam folder in Thunderbird, or will that be created automatically? If I remember correctly, when I used Outlook, the Spam subfolder was created automatically.

Today (with the older Anti-Spam version), spam email is being marked as SPAM in the subject line, but the messages are being delivered to my inbox.

Thanks.

Peacekeeper
Message 107 of 109

Re: Thunderbird 3 and Mcafee spam

Jump to solution

It should be created automatically, There still appears to be some issues with TB and Mcafee that will be addressed later.

on 9/03/11 8:08:38 AM
laxdude
Former Member
Message 108 of 109

Jump to solution

Thanks. I'm looking forward to the updates. I appreciate the help.

ARMPLINKER
Former Member
Message 109 of 109

Jump to solution

I concur.  I had to add  exactly McAfee Anti-Spam,  >>  to every mail account <<, as a root subfolder.

It is just easier to create it manually for an individual.  For a corporation, it is likely to be a real big PITA.

Message was edited by: ARMPLINKER on 3/9/11 10:14:03 AM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community