Message 61 of 109

Re: Thunderbird 3 and McAfee spam

Jump to solution

Still have 11.5.131 waiting for last 10 digits

Peacekeeper
Message 62 of 109

Jump to solution

I am asking our techs about this patch Monday US time. Will update then. If you get the patch let me know please. These fixes are on priority TB has not a big user base so does I assume have to wait till the major issues are fixed. Not good but that is teh way things work. They have had a few really big issues that dragged on and these only fixed in September/October.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 12/12/10 6:26:14 AM
GWE
Former Member
Message 63 of 109

Jump to solution

The McAfee anti-spam tool now works with T.B.3.1.7

I am glad it now works but wish it did not take over a year to fix this.  It would seem to me to be a rather simple fix...

Peacekeeper
Message 64 of 109

Jump to solution

Does it? can you post all builds an version numbers esp Security centre/virusscan and Anti spam?

GWE
Former Member
Message 65 of 109

Jump to solution

Here is the information you requested:

• Security Center Version 10.5, Build 10.5.221

• Virus Scan Version 14.5, Build 14.5.130

• Anti-spam Version 11.5, Build 11.5.141

There was a fairly big update that I got about this time yesterday 12/15 11:30pm.  It updated most of the programs in addition to the above such as quick clean etc.  You will need to restart your computer after this update.

I hope this helps!

GWE

Gong67
Former Member
Message 66 of 109

Jump to solution

Yes, these are the same versions as I had after the update which I reported as fixing this problem.  I think anyone who doesn't want to wait can uninstall the entire McAfee package then redownload and then reinstall to force the updated version. Pity this bug took so long to fix.

Norton Internet Security 2010 (auto upgraded to 2011) is installed on my elder daughter's Win 7 Home Premium netbook which runs fine with no problems and has a light footprint.  I think I know what I'll buy next time.

Anyway from Downunder where it's a sunny 20-28°Celsius in Sydney, compliments of the season and a virus-free New Year to you all who suffered like me with this annoyance.

Peacekeeper
Message 67 of 109

Jump to solution

Thanks we were told this patch was not going to be released anytime  soon. Seems the whinging by us and some of the techs won over the big wigs.

Good to know. Funny though Australia usually gets these patches first and my test box and my wife's PC are still unpatched

Yes uninstall reinstall will get you the patchIF you are in the countries where it has been released to that is.

Have a happy xmas and Brisbane is hot muggy and darn stormy.

ARMPLINKER
Former Member
Message 68 of 109

Jump to solution

Email client  (Market share)

1- Outlook (43%)

Outlook 2003 and earlier ( 34%)

Outlook 2007 (9%)

2- Hotmail  (17%)

3- Yahoo! Mail  (13%)

4- Gmail (5%)

5- Apple Mail     (4%)

6- iPhone  (4%)

7- Thunderbird      (2.4%)

8- Windows Live Mail (Desktop)                (2%)

9- AOL Mail  (1.2%)

10- Lotus Notes    (0.4%)

Others (8%)

I am sorry to disagree, but 2.4% is not insignificant particularly if you delete the offerings here that are webmail systems (Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL Mail, and GMail) since those are not POP3 clients anyway, which is the type of client McAfee is trying to assist with Anti-spam.  Without those webmail providers ranked above it, and also excluding the Apple stuff that is also irrelevant, it would appear that Thunderbird is a more popular client that you think.

I am beginning to think the other posters have a point and looking for a better technical anti-spam solution and virus preventer generally may well be in order.  Somebody lost track of the main point of your software with all the fluffy bric-a-brac related to home network neighborhood security etc. that I bet NOBODY CARES ABOUT.   Keep the viruses off, and stop the spam.  The rest is dreck.

Thank you.

ARMPLINKER
Former Member
Message 69 of 109

Jump to solution
DeepButi
Former Member
Message 70 of 109

Jump to solution

It can be said louder, but not better.

I agree: Ask your customers and you will find what we want: no virus, no spam. All other stuff is maybe usefull, but irrelevant to most of us.

One year is way too long to solve a Spam problem.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community