Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnWallace
Former Member
Message 21 of 45

Re: Thunderbird 3.1 and Anti-Spam

Jump to solution

Did you purchase your McAfee software directly (online/retail) or did you receive it with a new PC or from your internet provider?

DeepButi
Former Member
Message 22 of 45

Jump to solution

On-line. We have been users of McAfee for years ...

DeepButi
Former Member
Message 23 of 45

Jump to solution

I'm really curious ... why a Software Development Manager of McAfee Inc. (wow! seems a great job to have ... maybe he is someone important), asks me how did we buy the software?

Now that he knows ... what? is he doing something with this info? is the company checking some obscure code only known by a group of selected people?

Seriously ... are you pulling my leg? Or in fact the legs of all TB users? McAfee anti Spam is not working with TB version 3 and this has been stated for months (at least 9 months ... and increasing). And all you come with is "where did you buy your license?" ? and then, silence?

Does "customer service" words say anything to you?

I'm tired.

ShawnWallace
Former Member
Message 24 of 45

Jump to solution

I ask where you purchased it because it impacts which version you're running.

That said, your software should update soon with support for Thunderbird 3.1

Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 45

Jump to solution

Just enlarging on what Shawn said where you get Mcafee from can affect the time you get patches as partners sometimes delay the release to do their own QA. That is why he wante dto see if you were an online/retail user rather than say supplied from dell etc.

That said got fingers crossed for you all.

DeepButi
Former Member
Message 26 of 45

Jump to solution

VirusScan updated today, but AntiSpam still dated 14/8.

October ... more than 9 months waiting for AntiSpam to work with Thunderbird ... I must be stupid!

Peacekeeper
Message 27 of 45

Jump to solution

I know I get frustrated as well sometimes. Most of the otheer major issues cleared up so should be soonish

buzzavix
Former Member
Message 28 of 45

Jump to solution

...and still waiting....you all from McAfee are pulling our legs!!!!

I've been reading the posts from you asking for where we purchased your "not useful" sotware...and i'd like to cry.

That's incredible.

Let me ask one question for averybody to know it....Any agreement with Microsoft for only supporting his "amazing" Outlook product?

Peacekeeper
Message 29 of 45

Jump to solution

Fixes are carried out on a priority Thunderbird is not a popular cleint only 2.4% users use it so Mcafee would have lowered the priority to fix this or slip a release patch into the normal releases. The big issues get the most priority and most these fixed now so it should not be long.

Shawn above said it is coming soon he would known so please wait or use a client that is fully supported. There is no leg pulling being done some things take a while.

coxy
Former Member
Message 30 of 45

Jump to solution

Has anyone heard any info on the patch release date?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community