cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee Won't Help

Accepting the "not one "Protector' can "do all'; I am basically a new user, having just bought the 1 yr re-up after the trial McAfee that came with my Lenovo/Win10 ran out.   Now, I want to know what I can do when my email (Centurylink's Embarqmail ) gets constant spam, occasional spyware or adware and a suddenly 'halting, slower' system makes me think those adwares/whatevers came bearing unwanted invading gifts that my system is fighting off or being affected by.  Yet, scans always show "no virus" or no threats found.   Confusing?  Yes, help me find the best way to filter my emailer inbox when the Embarqmail/Centurylink is unable to do anything but expect me to find the complete address of the offending emailed item and copy paste that into some other page outside of the email, it's in password protected Centurylink Customer Service/user Account program that I would have to name/address every one of the several spammers and any of their name-alterations later generations.   I cannot believe something akin to bursting into a DOS session is what everyday email users are supposed to use to get rid of unwanted spam or other email/adware....doesn't someone know a program or addon to apply to my existing Centurylink email or do I have to find a new email program?

4 Replies
catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

​,

I created a new thread as the one you were replying to was over 8 years old. First of all, did you remove your expired 'Trial Subscription' before Downloading\Installing your Newly purchased one?  In addition you may try running for a second opinion, Malwarebytes (Free) and follow up with Malwarebytes AdwCleaner.

These and other, including McAfee (Free) Superb Tools can be obtained here:

All the Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I think you are talking about the Anti-Spam feature?

You need to contact Technical Support and ask them for help setting up McAfee Anti-Spam on your machine.

The French speaking support is here (use the drop-down menu): Contact Support

Make sure you are infection free before going to support for help.

Catdaddy posted a useful link for help with malware in his first reply.

SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

If this "Centurylink" email is a web email solution (you access it from your browser), then it's unlikely to be something your McAfee products can help with - as they protect you from email actually downloaded onto your computer.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community